aardvark soundcard

kingbuzzo

I'm a newbie and perhaps I should post this there but anyway, I want to start recording and currently am using SB Live! from what I've heard that's a pretty low end/low quality soundcard?
I'm looking into getting a new card, best bang for the buck type deal, for under 400 bucks, I've heard good things about Aardvark.
Any feedback on Aardvark soundcards or please give suggestions on best card for 400 or under...thanks

Delta and Aardvark cards are my personal favorites.....what are your input/output needs (how many sources will you be recording at one time), what sources will you be recording, do you have any preamps or mixers, and what mics do you have.......

aardvark

essentially, I just wanna record single track, guitar, vocals, bass, keyboard in my room. But I'm looking for the best sound quality I can for the money.
Right now I'm using an "old school" Tascam Porta One as a pre-amp but I'm looking into buying a DBX pre-amp.

i have an aardvark direct pro 24/96 and love it. i checked the link on the previous post and that piece looks pretty interesting. there was nothing like that out when i purchased my card. the 24/96 was the only thing out at the time w/ mic pres that had phantom power. i would HIGHLY recommend any aardvark product and have heard nothing but great reports about midiman and maudio cards. i believe that maudio has a better reputation w/ updating thier drivers. im still waiting on win2K drivers while maudio has had thiers out for a while along w/ WDM drivers.
thats my 2 cents worth.

Back