Aardvark Q10 vs ST-audio M-Port

Tukkis

I'm looking to upgrade soundcard from my current crappy ISIS MAXI STUDIO to something with better quality. I wanted one with the preamps on board and with at least eight.

I saw both soundcards are about the same price (Aarvark Q10 $2150 AUD vs M-Port $2095 AUD).

The M-Port has a few more features on it. I heard that the Q10 has a lower jitter clock which apparently improves quality.

The question that I want to ask is the preamp quality on both units. I've read a few reviews on the Q10 saying it was pretty good but have heard nothing about the quality of the M-Port preamps.

Also how much of an improvement do you think it'll be with one of these unit compared to my current setup of the Isis card and Behringer mixer?

M-Port

Q10

Thanks
Tukkis;)

I am a C-Port owner (M-Port's predacessor) and was warned about the preamps before I bought it. And they are in fact, fairly crappy - not nearly enough headroom and a noticible change in coloring from low to high gain. That is, however my only complaint with the unit - it's otherwise fantastic. I use an outboard mixer for preamps so it doesn't create a problem for me.

I would find out if the M-Port and C-Port uses the same preamps. If they do, I'd go with the Q-10. Also, check out ST-Audio's Q/A area and see what users have to say about it.

Tukkis,

I have a Q10 and I love it! Very easy to use and the preamps are great. The tech support is outstanding. I can call and talk to a live person during the day and they are more than helpful.

The unit itself is very easy to use and has a ton of features.

larry

Back