Aardvark q10 and Windows XP/SMP

cornjchob2

My current audio input setup has reached its limits. Well, that's not entirely accurate--it always sucked, I've just finally developed enough of an ear to realize it :) Anyway, I've been searching high and low and quite in depth lately of my next purchase, and I've been looking very intently at both the Motu 828mkII and M-Audio Delta 1010. However, the Aardvark q10 has just come late out of the gate and is set to take everyone's hearts and the gold, but there's just one problem: I've seen some things about compatibility issues between the q10 and not only Windows XP, but multiple proccessors. Most people don't run in smp intentionally, however P4's with hyperthreading run it natively (so long as your os supports it). I've got a 2.4 running H-T, and I really do not want to disable it. The only light Aardvark's website shed was that in their manual, the sole OS's they describe were 95 and 98...so I can only assume the condition of their drivers as well. If anyone has any insight to bring to this, it would rock. Thanks.

cornjchob2 said:
I've seen some things about compatibility issues between the q10 and not only Windows XP, but multiple proccessors. Most people don't run in smp intentionally, however P4's with hyperthreading run it natively (so long as your os supports it). I've got a 2.4 running H-T, and I really do not want to disable it. The only light Aardvark's website shed was that in their manual, the sole OS's they describe were 95 and 98...so I can only assume the condition of their drivers as well. If anyone has any insight to bring to this, it would rock. Thanks.
Here's a copy/paste from another forum about the latest driver...
DEVICE DRIVER FOR AARDVARK
Aark 20/20, Aark 20/20+, Aark 24, Aark TDIF
Direct Pro 24/96, Direct Pro LX6 and Direct Pro Q10
==================================================
=

Platform: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
Interfaces: ASIO, Multimedia Extension, GSIF
Products: Direct Pro Q10, Direct Pro 24/96, Direct Pro LX6,
Aark 24, Aark 20/20, Aark 20/20+ and Aark TDIF.

Improvements with version 7.13 November 24, 2003
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
New feature: Allows changing the sample rate when channels are open.

Improved: Added Hyper-threading/dual-processor compatibility
Improved: Reduced latency of ASIO driver
Improved: GSIF performance lower latency
Improved: Support "Pause" command in Cool Edit Pro
Improved: Installer no longer uses temporary files

Bug fix: MIDI Time Code with Aark24
Bug fix: Correct identification of multi-midi cards
Bug fix: Corrected guitar input levels

here's a link to that thread... http://www.audioforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2900 ...

I use an Aardvark Q10 with XP, and I really like it. I'm not running dual processors though. I'm running an AMD chip. Sometimes the Aardvark gets funny about playing well with Cubase, so every once in a while I reinstall the drivers, but it's not too big a deal.

Back