Aardvark Direct Pro set up problem

blinddogblues

Just installed new Direct Pro 24/96 on brand new P4. Installed drivers, installed software, when I try to open Direct Pro Manager, I get a message saying there is no Aardvark card found on the system. When I go to device manager, I find the Aardvark card and it says it is working properly. Uninstalled and reinstalled software and drivers and it keeps doing the same thing. Any ideas??? By the way, running Win98SE.

I've gotten this type of thing a couple of times when I installed the Aardvark...Which driver version are you using?

Not sure, it is a brand new card I just bought. I guess I can check that and look at Aardvark's website and get the latest version?

Happened to Me, Too, Easy Fix

I thought I had broken something when I got my 2496...nothing worked until....

completely removed anything even remotely resembling an Aardvark driver....re-booted...reinstalled drivers following the instructions from Aardvark's website....

Seems the complete removal and clean reinstall is the key...the guys at Aardvark were very helpful as well, giving me an even simpler explanation of how to do it than what is posted on their driver's page...

K

We did that and still nothing. We did a custom uninstall to make sure everything was gone. Then did a file search to make sure anything that said Aardvark was gone, it was. Then reinstalled the drivers and the software and got the same thing. We could wait until Monday and call Aardvark, but I am here for the weekend trying to get my brother up and running and semi trained on computer recording, so I want to get it running today if possible. Thanks for all the help, we will keep trying, if anyone has any other suggestions we appreciate it.

Back