Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96

Why haven't I gotten mine yet!! The charge hasn't even appeared on my credit card yet, which is not a good sign! The boys at Aardvark must have taken the whole week off because my emails and phone calls are unanswered.
*frustrated*
Phil

Well, I found the part in the manual that said in the Windows device manager you should either set system sounds to off or check "preferred devices" and have your other soundcard chosen to play system sounds. After I did that I had no more problems with my system freezing up. It might be a coincidence, but I had the problem about twice a day for three days before I did it.

Tony

[This message has been edited by swordfish (edited 01-01-2000).]

About sound quality. I saw someone had posted on a BBS that the quality was surprisingly poor. Two days later they wrote they had installed the card wrong and now the quality is surpassingly good, much better than their previous card.

I'm waiting for my CEP software to arrive before doing my own recording. Main reason is that I have several friends who use it. I'm not messing with Samplitude Basic because the upgrade price seemed rather steep--and why learn an interface I don't plan to use.

Tony

Back