aaah look at the cute home recorder

sweetnubs

Check out a photo I took at a consulting job the other day. Another retarded home recorder with a brand new hd192 rig and he was complaining about the sound qualities of his recordings. Hey there fella, where's the front of the tlm-103?

Attachments

• duh.jpg
    duh.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,021
chessrock said:
Maybe he's just really short and likes to sing "up" in to the mic.
Then he's got the pop filter in the wrong position!

You'd think if someone had enough money to buy that mic, they'd know how to use it!

The picture is actually a photo GC is using to prosecute sweetnubs for drunken endangerment of a German mic.

Notice that the mic and the pop filter are in supine position. (I.E that the floor is the background of the photo.) Ive seen photos like this before when a client who lacks motor skills knocks over the mic stand is taken to court. Sweetnubs should be thankful the pop filter prevented the NewMan from coming in FULL contact with the floor.

SoMm

Son of Mixerman said:
Notice that the mic and the pop filter are in supine position. (I.E that the floor is the background of the photo.)

Perhaps the singer likes to lie down on the floor, sideways, whilst he/she sings.

That would explain, of course, the ease at which he would be able to situate himself to sing upwards.

It still wouldn't explain the piss-poor placement of the pop filter, though. Someone really needs to sit down and have a talk with him/her about that. There's just no excuse.

It's not a pop filter. It's to cut down glare from the lights so he/she can read the lyrics.

Yea, but if you look at the glare from the photo, the light is clearly coming from the side. Unless it's from the camera's flash.

My guess is it's there to protect the mic from a leaky roof. Yea, that's it.

Hey what's that red dot thingy by my name? Am I'm the only one who has it? Does it mean I'm bad? Is it an indicator that I have acne or gave someone a rash? I am confused and perhaps hurt. I feel like a mother and a gay uncle to you all. Come suckle at my teets, my sweet sweet nubs so we can be whole again.

While I was at Berklee, I was walking by one of the studios, and I saw a guy who was using a MD421 as a side address mic. I asked him how it sounded, and he said, "oh, it's great man!!"

Idiots can be found every where.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
I saw a guy who was using a MD421 as a side address mic. I asked him how it sounded, and he said, "oh, it's great man!!"

Uh . . . you mean the 421 isn't side-address?

No wonder! That explains a lot man. Thanks.

EddieRay said:
The pop filter is set up for bank shots. It's right out of the Recording for Dummies manual.

no no don't blame the poor guy. It say's right here on page 2375 of
Recording For Dummies Vol 7

The experienced recording engineer will convince hott girl singers to spend as much time on their back as possible in order to achieve the most satisfying results in the studio.

I think the guy was just like yanno, thinking that passage referred to mic setup or something. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Those are the times as a consultant you tell the customer, "Hmm....I'm not really sure why you're getting a bad sound. Let me check all your equipment over and try a few things. Why don't you go ahead and give a few hours to figure it out....of course at the normal rate of $50 an hour, right?"

...Then later tell them you fixed it and it just happened to be the "bilingual transfer cable." Obviously if he can't fix the mic placement he'll believe you and happily pay you.

Yeah, guys - it's not even his pop filter. And I didn't think you would be taking pictures!! I would have cleaned up the house first. :mad:

:D

Back