A wave editor to complement n-track?

Shepherd

(crossposted to n-track forum as well)

I did a few searches and tooled around the forums for a few hours trying to find something that answers this precise question, but no dice. Here goes:

I'm a relative newbie using n-track and a Delta 44 on a 1.1G Duron (I know, I know) with 256M RAM on WinXP.

I'm looking for a fairly simple wave editor to complement n-track. Since I'm a n-track user, you can probably infer I'm interested in shareware.

There are a number of options out there...Goldwave, FlexiMusic, Acoustica, and probably a whack of programs I'm not yet aware of.

Is there one in particular in this "strata" that is singularly well-suited as an n-track complement? I obviously like spending $20 or less, I don't have access to lots of music or software stores where I live, and I like the whole indie element of shareware anyway, so I'd rather my dough go to a hard-workin' programmer rather than an old version of Big Name software.

Thanks!

I've checked out a few now (24 hours later), and Goldwave is sweet. Furthermore, it's by a bunch'a Newfies, and as a Canuck I feel obliged to support my countryfolk.

Goldwave here I come!

Back