A to D SPDIF...

Hello gang...
Im trying to get the most out of my Delta 66 but currently dont have anything that will connect to the SPDIF in...is there a device out there thats just a basic A/D converter that outputs in SPDIF? Like something i can put in between a mixer and the Delta 66?
ive looked but cant really find anything out there...
any ideas...
thanks

Yo Rhythm! One of the cheap solutions on a budget is TC Electronics M300, $200 at guitar Center. It's a pretty good reverb and multi effects box, but it also has a pretty good A-D convertor with S/PDIF out, and a bypass switch. With the bypass switch on, it's just a 2 channel A-D convertor, but it also gives you reverbs, a de-esser, basic compression, delay, chorus, flange,phaser, ping pong, lots of fun stuff. What's not to like?-Richie

Thanks for the heads-up on the M300. I was about to go buy an ART Di/o this coming weekend, but you have just saved me a bundle. I was going to have to get a reverb unit and a compressor, and here, for all of $50 more than the ART Di/o is a unit that does it all. Plus it will sit nicely in my live rig for guitar by adding another effects processor that I can control with my FCB1010 midi controller.
SWEET

Yay CStock! The M300 has performed here beyond all reasonable expectations. The attack and release on the compressor are fixed, but ratio and threshold are variable. While not as versatile as an RNC, or as cool an effect as my Joemeek, it really isn't a bad auxiliary compressor. Almost no audible artifact, and it doesn't stomp on the highs too much. Mostly on the current project, it's been used as an FX box for 'verbs and slapback on electric guitar, and as an A-D convertor, and it has performed those roles excellently. You have to be careful not to clip it, so it's not a bad idea to get some gain later in the signal chain. I have also found that with balanced outs and a user's manual that doesn't require an engineering degree, it's much more user friendly than the Lexicon MPX 200, which has unbalanced outs, no S/PDIF out, and the user's manual from hell, for $50 more.- As you point out, it has MIDI in and out, but it isn't a DI/pre. We've had very good luck with it, running it as an insert off a Joemeek twinQ or in line from my Avalon, into a power amp, then to a cab, if you like wicked clean/jazz tones.=Richie

Back