a Spring Morning Song

Nice work, Rob. I might have added a little more low end cream in the bass ... but it still can be heard, and that's just a matter of mix taste.

I don't know if it's the low end of the bass that needs a nudge, because through the earbuds, I can hardly make it out. But if K wants more low end and I want more mids, maybe you should just turn it up?

But look, this is a really beautiful tune, and the only thing wrong with it is the title. This music is glorious, and 'Spring Morning' just doesn't do it justice. You need something more numinous. 'Sex With Venus', maybe. That's nice and catchy. Or 'Naked's Good, Too'. Or 'You Were Right About the Waterfall'. It deserves something memorable. While I was mulling over how to say this without hurting your feelings or pissing you off (I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to manage that), I went and listened to it again. It's really good, and you're very creative and moving your music into some seriously awesome places.

(Third listen: bass works okay through the KRK's, but could still come up a notch.)

Last edited:
Nice work, Rob. I might have added a little more low end cream in the bass ... but it still can be heard, and that's just a matter of mix taste.
That's a good idea, gonna remix and remaster and post the new one

But look, this is a really beautiful tune, and the only thing wrong with it is the title. This music is glorious, and 'Spring Morning' just doesn't do it justice.

Hi. I broke one of my own rules here - dishing out advice I would never take myself. Sorry about that.

I don't know if it's the low end of the bass that needs a nudge, because through the earbuds, I can hardly make it out. But if K wants more low end and I want more mids, maybe you should just turn it up?

But look, this is a really beautiful tune, and the only thing wrong with it is the title. This music is glorious, and 'Spring Morning' just doesn't do it justice. You need something more numinous. 'Sex With Venus', maybe. That's nice and catchy. Or 'Naked's Good, Too'. Or 'You Were Right About the Waterfall'. It deserves something memorable. While I was mulling over how to say this without hurting your feelings or pissing you off (I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to manage that), I went and listened to it again. It's really good, and you're very creative and moving your music into some seriously awesome places.

(Third listen: bass works okay through the KRK's, but could still come up a notch.)
there's not really a bass in this....
it's just synth pad...
so i only used it to fill out the bottom a bit, not to create a bass part.

that said, as i already responded to Kdub, i remixed this over the weekend..
it's a more aggressive mix, but i think more smooth, and i'm glad you guys told me your thoughts on the low end.

i found a mix that i think totally works better, without choking the openness of the song, which is important to me, it's supposed to be somewhat light, and stately, not heavy like a rock tune.

"Spring Morning" is exactly the correct title for this,
as it's supposed to be a modern, mature arrangement, without titillation.
LOL
and i love that title "Sex with Venus", and that might very well be my next song!
lol AGAIN....

thanks guys

i'll post the new version of the song this evening.

Whatever. I played it again. It's great.
the new version is much fuller...
plus, since i did a quick re-mix, i tweaked a few other things, some eq on the guitar solos, brought the fuzz out a bit, and the pingy guitar parts up.

hehe, well, it HAS to be done, it's on an already released and printed album!

so yea, it's done.

but the luxury of releasing digitally, is that i can tweak it, update the files, and if someone has already bought the album or single, they can download the new version for free!
so, that's pretty cool.

Yeah, that *is* cool. You can tweak it even after you've released it. What's involved in updating a Bandcamp tune? Just a delete and a new upload to the same page?

Back