A song from someone new here...

Sounds good bro, I like. Nice production.

As for the gear questions, I think its really a matter of taste. Why don't you do this, rent or borrow from someone, a really "nice" piece of gear and or mic. (but not at the same time or you won't know which is which). Then judge for yourself, in your setup.

Holy Shit!!!!

What a beautiful song... I'm floored. Absolutely perfect guitar work, imho. Change nothing. This song makes me sad.

-Casey

thanks supercreep. Is it a good sad?

thats a good idea VSpaceboy, I wonder if there is anyone where I live that will do that. I'll have to ask around.

And cellardweller, I'm honored and astonished that my song can sit beside those... :eek:

And I will start listening to some other stuff too. and make some comments. I need broadband :(

cellardweller said:
"coffee and chocolate milk" is in my work mp3 rotation, contrasted by the blasphemous growls of F_ckasia, NL5, metalhead28, and Vesuvius Jay:D :rolleyes: (and others too numerous to mention)

I have to go listen to the other one now...
Seriously good mellow tunage!

Thanks for the honorable mention!! ;) :>

By the way I love the part starting about 2:15 nice and psychedelic. Reminds me of the days of wigging out to old pink floyd live at pompeii. :P

wow wow wow fecking wow

chocolate again - it's really well played. when all the distortion and stuff is taken out the guitars, leaving just the performance, it really shows an artists true colours and ability. a very melodic, moody and moving song, some bits reminding me of 'going to california' by led zeppelin. if you havent heard it, listen and you'll know what i mean.
my girlfriend, as i started playing it, asked me 'who's that?' and 'wow' was the response when i told her it was from a homerecording forum.

only thing that threw me was the effects on the vocals in a section towards the end. i think the song could live without it, but as i listen more and more it works.

i'm impressed and would love to here more like that. can you say how you got the acoustic guitar tone? model of guitar, effects you used, etc?

off to listen again...

I've been listening to this almost daily since July when I first heard it. It's a beautiful song.

Tim

brummygit said:
only thing that threw me was the effects on the vocals in a section towards the end. i think the song could live without it, but as i listen more and more it works.

I beg to differ with you I think the psychedelic part is what makes the song stand out to me...

VesuviusJay said:
I beg to differ with you I think the psychedelic part is what makes the song stand out to me...

yeah i see your point. its just that the first time i listened, it seemed so contrasting compared to the rest of the song that it threw me a little. but like i say, it works more and more after every listen

Back