A short little ditty.

thelowerlip

I wrote this in New Orleans in 2008.

I'm taking my time with the mix so it is rather dry. In fact........
drums-dry
bass- dry
acoustic-dry
harp- dry
guitar1- comp., EQ, amp sim.
guitar2- comp., EQ, amp sim.
vocal- comp., EQ
harmony- comp., EQ

Attachments

• I have them all.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
The bass needs a bit more eq definition, at the moment it's a bit muddy sounding.

The acoustic doesn't sound very pleasant, is it just the straight off a pickup or is it with a mic? If it's pickup, then it needs a mic and if it's a mic, it needs a different one!

Other than that, it's getting there. Needs some more refining though

I loved the song and l loved the playing. Vocal sounds good - I liked the dry sound to it. Loved the guitar playing - but were there some missed notes in spots? Still great picking though. I thought the guitar sounds were pretty good.

Not sure about the backing vocal - it's pretty soft and might be pitchy in spots. Second listen - yeah that backing vocal has some pitch issues.

Snare was a little muffled. I'd like a little more crack to the sound.

Thank you both so much.
I live in a remote mountain town (no cell, no high speed) and the nearest city is 2 hours away.
It is a musical desert.
It is SO nice to here some kind of feed back from other music fans so once again thank you.

The acoustic was done with a condencer two feet away and over the sound hole. I will retrack it. I just read the sticky about micing acoustic guitar so I hope to have better results next time.

Missing notes? If you are refering to the bits twards the end of the solos...no....I just play that way I guess.:o

And you have a one heck of an ear to spot that backing vocal! As a recall, it does wander and I think that´s why I had it so far in the background. Will retrack it.

And I will tend to the bass and snare.

Once again, thanks!

It sounds pretty good to me. I'd like it to be a little wider. Everything's stacked in the middle. Pan the guitars a off center for more space for the kick, snare, and vocals, which can stay up the middle. You might not need to tweak the snare or bass at all once you get the other stuff off off their backs.

I like the chicken-pickin guitar playing. Very nice there.

I like it a lot. Yeah a little more panning would do it some good. By the way that is some really good playing throughout.

Trump

I may be able to kill three birds with one stone.
If I record the acoustic in stereo, the song will sound more full, the acoustic tone might be better, and the bass and kick might sound stronger in the center.

Back