:::A real Guitar Amp:::

That's the thing. If I'm getting a Rod Hot and its driven channel is a shi*, what am I paying for?

Also, I`ve got the Marshall Jackhammer, and through the Fender Deluxe sounds nice, I guess from a Rod Hot it should sound way better, but like my amp's driven channel though. Why is it that too many people complain about the Rod Hot's driven channel?

You really are not paying for the drive channel.........SERIOUSLY!

I have a Blues Junior. Those are 400 new. The Hot rod is 550 new. So a 150 dollar jump from 15 watts to 40 watts is not outragous.

Now onto the characteristics.....

When you guitar volume is at 10, the amps master is most of the way up, and the volume(gain) for the clean channel is a good deal up, the amp is overdriven...

If you roll of the volume on the guitar, the amps cleans up VERY well.

If you change channels the amp doesn't really add much overdrive, just a nasty hum.

I know its hard, but don't look at it as a channel changing amp......and don't think you are paying for it........Fender just tossed it on there for PR.

Use a distortion pedal or something, then leave the pedals gain very low and have the pedals output hot. The amp will scorch everything around it.

I promise you.....The amp will take you to another level.

Master at 10
Volume at 5 or 6
...then start you guitar volume from 0 and turn up to whatever sounds good.

My drummer beats the skins like they owe him money, so I think I am an authority on this - specially considering that I've owned three of the four amps in question.

1. Cyber Deluxe - don't waste your money. When you crank it, there is absolutely no body. It might be a terrific amp for recording or noodling around in the woodshed, but that's where it's authenticity and character end. Fender needs to stick with what they're good at - classics, not cutting edge technology. I do understand that the Cyber Twin is a great amp - but it has tubes.

2. Hot Rod Deluxe - I'm not a tube snob. As a matter of fact it wasn't until about a year ago that I really started using tube amps - pretty pathetic I know. There's a guy in a local act in my city who has been using one of these for the last three years - used in conjunction with his pedal board, he has a really nice tone and definitely cuts through the mix - this amp gets my vote.

3. Flextone - Just like the cyber, unless you're going to run it through the board, mic it, use it in low level settings while recording, it just won't cut it in a live situation. However, the Flextones definitely have "bang for the buck" and I prefer the sound of the Line 6 stuff to Fender's modelling amps.

4. Valvetronic - never heard of it or heard it, so I can't comment.

BTW, the Marshall Guv'nor sounds great through a clean tube amp.

Good luck!

It doesn't matter anymore. The money I was supossed to use to buy my Amp is going to be used to replace all my Music Cds Collection (about 1600 $ of good and original music). They were stolen just a few minutes ago. A couple a fucking asholes broke my car's rear window...so

Thanks anyway for the reviews

I am sorry to hear that.....

You know what would cheer you up.......

Buying a kick ass amp and making your own music. Ya....... =)

Back