A question for Southern California Recorders

kikling

I live in Sherman Oaks, CA and on Ventura Blvd, in an alley there is a small, yellow place that looks like a low-middle class house. I have been living close to it for the last 15 years. But now I found out that it is a MAJOR recording studio. Lots of famous people recorded. I Know of one, I forgot her name but she was the one who recorded "Smooth Operator". This studio is less than a mile from Record One. Does anyone know the name of this studio. There is only one door and an address. Know name. Thanks alot.

Put in the address in one of those cross-referece internet search-engines....just go to www.metacrawler.com and put in find business by address and you should come up with a few sites that will help you....

Alex, Ill take Members whove never learned how to use a telephone book or search engine for $200.....

go there, knock on the door, and ask them --- they don't bite :)
There's a couple of good studios aroung there.

Eh It can't have been Sade's Smooth Operator, that was recorded at the Powerplant in London

Last edited:
I am to afraid to knock. I don't want them to be disturbed in the middle of a recording session and have to talk to a curious little 15 year old. Also Shade might of recorded in this studio, but it was very recent, so I know it couldn't be smooth operator. More ideas anyone?

Go knock, when they answer tell them that you will wrap cables, make coffee, sweep up, empty ashtrays and basically be a Gopher if they will please, please, please let you sit quietly and watch some sessions. Might be the beginning of something great.

kik - if a 15 year old knocks on my studio door because he / she is really interested in recording, I'd open the door and say welcome. If I was in a session and the artist in particular doesn't want anyone there, I'd say come back another day. Has happened, will happen again.
I know the majority of my collegues would feel exactly the same, so go and knock.
And if you ever travel about 1 1/2 hours up north, you can come and knock here as well.

only studio that i could find on a "ventura blvd" is ALAN ETT MUSIC. 12711 ventura blvd #110. phone number is 818 508 3303. i dont know if this is the same one. its in studio city california. is that another name for your city? call em up

czar

These are the listings that I found for studios on Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks

__Butros Spots Rehearsal 14431 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks 91423 818-990-9249

__Davelen Sound Studios Div./ 15445 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks 91403-3005 818-995-6170

Back