A nice affordable analog mixer for outboard summing?

Anyway, the music I'm talking about was not mastered and the question was never how can I get better quality mixes from analog summing. It was a recommendation for an analog mixer that would give me decent(key word here is decent, not great, not even good, but decent) results for not a whole lot of money.

And by the way j-boy, mastering won't always give you results you should have gotten in the mix.

Rolls music makes a pretty affordable summing device. The new Neve summing box looks pretty handy as well, but certainly more costly. Not as much as you might htink though:)

countrylac, I'm referring to digital plugin eq's. Unless you go all the way to super expensive hardware eq I think you are better off just getting some good quality plugins.

What I've done with my summing is I not only use the Speck X.Sum, but also have a Speck 316 eq that I use with the X.Sum. The Speck 316 is a 16 channel eq in a three rack space box. It's not fully parametric, but sounds pretty good and is quite useful. So if I feel the need to eq something going into the X.Sum I just route it through the 316.

xstatic said:
Rolls music makes a pretty affordable summing device. The new Neve summing box looks pretty handy as well, but certainly more costly. Not as much as you might htink though:)

x, you mean Roll Music and not Rolls? Y'know, not the Rolls that makes crappy little boxes that break? That I keep buying for some unknown reason? :o Please not them!

Just bringing it back through the Mackie should help. Although a nice stereo compressor will be even better. I hear the difference, it "opens" up the mix.

Yes, I did mean Roll Music, and not Rolls:P

I have luckily had the good fortune to not buy anything Rolls for 9 years now. I made that mistake only once:D

Back