A new Tune

Fangar

Hey Fellas. Been away for a while, but found some time to write a new tune. Been working out the drum parts in Acid 3.0. Hopefully I will get some time, to get a rought draft and post it soon. In the mean time, maybe you could give me some of your thoughts as to what you feel the meaning behind it is.

Cheers,

Fangar

"THAT MAN"

Verse 1:

I open my eyes, intrigued to find where I might be
Who I’ve become, and who I have already been
Struck down again, the concrete is my only friend
This poison in my veins would drive a mere mortal insane.

Chorus:

I wipe the sleep from my eyes
I brace myself and I try to rise
I fall to the ground, but I’m not surprised
Oh I never imagined I be where I am, but I am… I am that man.

Verse 2:

Wait (Break)… Never mind…Same old me that I find.
What makes you think that I have chosen this life that I lead?
I don’t need you to “Deal” with me just go away and leave me be.
Really I’m fine, I just have no use for “Your” time .

Chorus:

My excuses are mine to believe.
I don’t create them for you, they work for me.
Isn’t there someplace you’ve got to be.
You could never imagine yourself like I am, but I am… I am that man.

Bridge:

Do you know what it’s like to be surrounded but always alone?
No comfort from the outside, no way to escape from the cold.

Chorus / Outro:

There’s no place that I’ve got to be.
I’ve no need for a watch time surpasses me.
I’ve often imagined where I would be.
But I never imagined I’d be what I am, but I am… I am that man.

Do you know what it’s like?

Hey man,
Is this about a junkie?

sort of get lost a few places....

mere mortal refers to the singer being god-like....yes?

also...who is "that man" ?

Write on Bro...
Joe

Great theme Fangar.

And that second chorus is a killer. I can hear those words working loud and full of hooks. "Isn't there someplace..." is just begging to be a singalong belter of a line.

Agree with Joro - the "mere mortal" phrase is a bit confusing.

Nice one.

Garry

Hey Guys,

Thanks a million for taking the time to reply. I like the vampire idea. Actually I wrote it about a guy that I run into from time to time that has been living on the street for 25 years. He is always drunk to the point that he blacks out and never knows where he is when he wakes up. He stays out of trouble, but often uses excuses that he is happy where he is though he didn't know he would find himself there. He also tells me all the time that he should be dead due to the amount of alcohol he consumnes. When I asked him if he was a super hero, he laughed and said no, only imortal. Actually he is a smartass.

Joro nailed it on the junkie theme. To put the comments in perspective, it is from his point of view as it pertains to me trying to help him. Oh yeah, I am a cop and so when he is irritated with me, he tells me I should have better things to do.

So for me "That Man" is the one that you always heard your parents talking to you about and that you might become if you chose the wrong path. He has become that man. He knows the one I am talking about.

Thanks again guys. I will get a rough draft up soon.

Fangar

Rough Draft

I was able to get a rough draft together of the tune to help with the feel. Just the clean guitars, vocals and a little harmony here and there. Hopefully I will get some time soon to actually record the tune. The Guitars will be much heavier, especially in the Bridge.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1283&alid=-1

Let me know what you think. P.S. Don't mind the cracks and pukes in the voice. :p

Fangar

Really cool man, this is a great tune
You sure can sing.
I dug the Harmonies...they really work.

Capo on the 2nd?

Very cool,
I will look for this in the clinic when you are done man,

Rock on,
Joe

Joro,

Thanks for the listen. I appreciate the praise. I am still learning about harmonies and the likes, but I think this was one of the better ones. No Capo. The first chord is "B" though that pulls off to "A". Thanks again. I will let you know when it is done. May be several years. :p

Fangar

Back