A new try...

I listened to 'Aint to cool'..

not a bad tune, but I think the bass might be a bit out of intonation...maybe it's just me. The recording sounds pretty good to me...

I also listened to 'Deep Enough'....I liked this one a bit better... the recording sounds good on both...although it's not the stuff I listen to, I can tell it's decent for the style... Deep Enough also cuts off at the end..:confused: I'm sure you didnt plan that because it cuts off while shes still singing....

Good job Overall IMOP!

B

B.SABBATH said:

Deep Enough also cuts off at the end..:confused: I'm sure you didnt plan that because it cuts off while shes still singing....

Thats weird. Must be a download-glitch. Its supposed to stop at 3.04 with a tom-fill (rather abruptly, but thats the point)
It worked when I tested to download...

Thanks for the input!

Gave "It Ain't Too Cool" a whirl.

I liked the lead singers voice and inflections.
It was a good voice to match the tune.

The guitar sounded a bit too "Lynard Skynard" sounding to me.
A song like this would do better with a funkier setting on the guitar.

There was a rough bit of editing (?) around 1:05...
Sounded like the singer's last word was cut into too fast.

overall-A nice job on a good tune!

VI

I had a listen to aint too cool.

The singer has a nice voice but the vocal sounds somewhat scratchy. Is this a simulation?

The bass sounds nice and round but maybe too much room.

The guitars are nice

Funk on!

Thanks for the input!

And no, the scratciness you seem to hear is not a simulation...
I was told to tell you from the vocalist Sofia that that is what happens after too much whiskey... :)

By the way, what style of music would you guys call this?
Some of you write "funk on". Is it funk pure and simple?
We try to get some jazz, rock and fairytale-ish mystique to some of our songs. Perhaps that doesnt come out...

Listening to ain't to cool.
Nice groove. Something is throwing it off rithmicaly.
I think it's guitars, not everywhere but it's not always tight, maybe it should be that way.

it seems guitar don't play together with the bass and drumm groove. They seem a little late or something. I would try and listen to just bass and drums and see if they are playing tight rithm. that peircing click is little too much :) IMHO.

Ok 'DEEP ENOUGH' is much more "together" sounding. I'll just say
I liked the mix and overall balance in both songs. The only thing is that guitar way on the left. somehow i wanted come closer to the center (though it's "mid-rangey" so it probably will not work) just MHO

Back