a new song

jpw23

Give it a listen....tell me what you think!!

Attachments

• I will rise.mp3
    4 MB · Views: 21
I can't even count back to 5 years. :p A lot of views come from internet bots or whatever is the term-de-jour, not necessarily from living people. Also the MP3 clinic seems to be slower in recent weeks. Maybe the holidays, I don' t know.

I like the clean tone on your guitar, not so much the distorted tone of the 2nd solo guitar, but that's personal taste.

The drums are very robotic. Is there anyway you could edit the hits to add a more human feel to it? At least vary the pattern between verses, choruses, etc. I'm not hearing the bass at all, yet I hear the kick just fine.

I like the song, musically speaking. Good arrangement and melody. I think the performance was great.

The mix was pretty good except for the missing bass. I would have EQ'd the vox track differently to bring out the lower range of the voice. To me it seems to be high-pass'd at around 300hz or higher. I would suggest bringing out the full range of the vox. It would sound real nice.

I think this is a really good song. I love the arrangement and the melody. The lyrics...well, I'm an atheist. But I still really like it. I would say that the biggest weakness in my opinion is the drums because they sound so fake. (Sorry!) In particular the last cymbal in the drums loop. In my opinion it needs to be crashier and then fade out in a more natural way. If that makes any sense.
Wow, I really like the next song too.

JPW! My favorite redneck! Yall should know me and JPW got yelled at by a stripper and then Jay yelled at a mexican. True story.

Love the tremolo intro. I disagree with Chili about the vocals. I think they sound very full and rich, but he's more country than I am, so maybe listen to him. I do agree with him about the overdriven guitar. It's not good to me, and it's way out of place. It's like, hey we got this country rock ballad going on here and in walks some spandex wearing hair shred wanker toolbag. :laughings:

The bass is a little light. The drums are too drum-machine-like. But overall it's a pretty solid mix.

Can tell it's been a while JPW, the mesaure hereabouts is how many days it goes without a response - views are no lnger a meaure.
There's alos the fact that 1/3 of threads are drive by, 1/3 are newbies who want only accolades an that ;eaves 1/3 who want & give feedback.
More bass, well maybe EQ it so it has more defenition, humanize the drums, drop the distortion.
Lyrically I was confused when you referred to father and his period as flesh. Montheism is confusing enough with the catholic trinity + 1 then every other christian's duopoly.
Voice is great, playing is on the spot, lyrics - well it's horses for courses and I don't race.
Good job - hoipe you make some of the changes folk mentioned.

Back