A New Project

TexRoadkill

Audio Bum
I've been working with these guys for a few months now but we've been spending most of our time jamming and getting fucked up. We managed to lay a few tracks and this a quickie mix for the SBSW Festival.

I'm definately going to be doing some better mixes and retracking some stuff as we record the rest of the album. I'd appreciate any comments on the production so far.

Thanks.

Song 1 is a faster, hard rocking song.
Song 2 is a bit more mellow.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/texroadkill/singles

I like song 1. Got a kind of a Run to the Hills groove. Wouldn't mind hearing a beefier thud on the snare. Are you triggering a sample on that? There seems to be a kind of a flam effect during the quiet part at 2.25. Guitars sound great. Everything nicely balanced on these headphones

Maybe its just me but, I could stand to have the vocals a bit louder , other than that.....you guys rock.....very cool!!!

Our Orchid - the vocals sound like they have too mauch affectation from the singer - as in I'll put on my Eddie Vedder voice this time. Constricted breathing & vowels etc.
The playing is really quite good & the lyrics/phrasing too just the above issue.

Heh, this is great

I really like song 1, and I'm with jpw23, maybe the voice could have more presence, it's a great vocal work
I also enjoyed the instrumental part that starts around 2:20min, truly great work there :cool:

Thanks for listening.

BH- Those are all the real drums. I agree the snare got a little thin in that mix.

JPW - Thanks! You guys are probably right about the vocals. Will need to nudge them up a bit.

RayC - That's been a constant point of contention with that song, lol.

SoM - Thanks dude.

Song 1 sounds pretty cool. Could be heavier. Meaning more meat. But could be only because I'm listening at a low volume this late at night. :)

Just saying. :) Nice interval around 2:30 mark.

well i have to go with 2 cuz it did remind me of an early Jam song.......both good tunes and i can't comment on production cuz i have my pc runnin the tinys tonight.....

Listening to song 1 now... Pretty damn good mix. I'm listening through my RP8s and it sounds really good.

This reminds me of Iron Maiden with a Scottish version of Eddie Vedder singing... Don't ask me, I have no idea what I'm even talking about LOL...

I think the snare sounds fine, maybe just a bit more bottom to it to make it fatter.

bigbubba said:
Song 1 sounds pretty cool. Could be heavier. Meaning more meat. But could be only because I'm listening at a low volume this late at night. :)

Just saying. :) Nice interval around 2:30 mark.

No, it needs more meat at 90dB in my studio too. Fun band, bet it kicks holy ass live. There's just no bottom in any of the mix, sounds like it's playing on a bookshelf 4: woofer system, and I'm blasting it through Roland RSM-90s AND 4-way 15" woofer-based speakers in tandem...

Lead vox skidded into the limiter once or twice near the end a bit, or clipped in acquisition... I agree about the snare needing a "thwack" that it lacks...

I'm diggin the song a whole bunch though. Just needs mix/master help...

Back