A New Project, Insert Opinions Here

gt2008

Alright for those of you who don't know the situation, here it is:

I've been a Rapper for 5 years now, and finally want to get paid. Last summer, I produced an album and ordered 100 copies. I sold about 60 or so for $8.00 a piece; slacked off, gave the rest away. Everyone thinks this album is a classic, it's listenable all the way through and is a good mix of rock, rap, club, and two skits. It's called "The Trojan War."

So I got lazy the first time around and this time got myself a Manager, of sorts. We're looking to start a mini-business out of it; at lowest possible overhead, for a decent pocket-change income which will also serve to fund my future Rap endeavors. (equipment, for instance).

The outline of the business plan is this:

-invested $200 and bought 100 more copies of "The Trojan War" -- to sell, and use the revenues to go to strictly overhead. (more copies, and the beginning of a tee-shirt line).
-Tee's have been designed; and will go on sale once we order the first 40 of them with some Album revenues.
-we bought a "friend adder" for Myspace, which will send 400 friend requests, per day, and also has the capabilities of "mass messaging" --"all friends" --which you can't typically do without manually clicking each friend and pasting a new message (on Myspace). This allows me to reach a broad-base of people with Album announcements (etc.) and is a Marketing tool well-worth its initial investment. ($40.00).
-We're visiting with the manager at the local mall and asking about a Table on a Saturday; and also meeting people outside of clubs and College campuses across the area.

The to do list is to move those 100 albums, and get more albums bought and the tee-shirts going. First, we have to set up some type of shipping system and a pay-pal link, and incorporate that onto my myspace page with a nice banner. If anyone is good at creating Banners (which contain a link); I'd pay you a small fee and also greatly appreciate that! Also, if anyone knows some good systems for shipping, much love! It's R&D time right now.

-this project is intended to keep itself afloat financially and pay for an equipment upgrade (about $2k) and also keep the tee-shirt line new and updated. I appreciate your time!

www.myspace.com/gtpromo

Back