a new fun website, www.freecompose.com

n8tron

www.freecompose.com

this is my new website, its kinda like free-writing but with music instead. I will be composing a song a week with a little documentation on everything I did in the process. Check the about page for more info on the site. I have a lot of ideas to make the site grow so keep checking it out! I will also update it later tonight, I update every monday (or rather, later sunday nights)

enjoy!

the site as been updated again, I'd love some feedback.

I've also added some ratings polls in the forums for each track.

Interesting site. Good in-depth reporting which makes interesting reading to us studio people!

Improvements would be to make the screenshots click-able - I'd like to see what's going on on-screen. Plus more pics of the studio and maybe a kit list would be good. Also, maybe some mp3s of the work in progress.

But generally a nice site!

I had thought about posting mp3s of the progress but decided against it for a few reasons. first of all it would be totally irregular. Sometimes I do most of the work on one or two days or sometimes a little bit each day, whenever I can find time. It would be a messy situation. Plus to be honest, its really hard to put songs that you've only worked on for a few hours up on the interent, its obviously not going to be your best work, but the project isn't about that.

Back