a new band....

The guitars have that "recorded direct" sound on half the tunes, and the effects used on them sound pretty cheap. Too bad, because they were played fairly well.

Bass sounds nice.

Vocalist sounds good. What's with the EQ on them on "Greetings?" Harsh and yucky; no meat or warmth at all. Much better on the second one, though. And the rest.

Drums sound pretty decent. Very consistant playing. Impressive. But what's up with the tom sound on song 3? Way too much slappy treble. My ears are starting to hurt.

I like where they're going with all of this. I just find the material a little boring. Not bad to listen to if you're having trouble sleeping, though. :D Seriously, though, this is the kind of stuff I tend to work pretty well with. If I were to produce this, I could probably get you guys something that sounded pretty damn good. I like working with this particular genre. If you guys are ever in Chicago, call me.

chessrock said:
The guitars have that "recorded direct" sound on half the tunes,

I got feeling too. Its good though. I like it. If you guys get in a real studio with an engineer and maybe even a producer I think you guys could do some amazing things.

the songs are older. The new ones have a lot more variety to them and sound more alive.
Also, the guitar player bought a new amp and is recording everything mic'd now (not sure what he did before). Also updated the software and mics since the recording...Hopefully I'll be doing some more recordings with them sometime soon,

Back