A new arrangement of an old favorite.

Jim Soloway

I used to play this on 6 sting. It was one of many songs that seemed to fall by the way side after I switched to 7 string. I pulled it out about a month ago and re-arranged it completely. I cut it in one take about 20 minutes ago. I liked it so I thought I'd put it up and see anyone else agrees.

sounds fairly decent but only like you are 95% comfortable with it. A couple notes (in the lead) are kinda "half hit"...if you know what I mean. The vocals are better than the gtr, imo. I would take MORE of a rubato feeling to make it flow better. However, you are certainly no slouch in either the playing or singing department. Maybe a little heavy on that bottom string too....but not much.

nice playing, again!

Kinda wish the mix was more stereo. pan the git and delay it to another side, a little verb on the vocal, man, it will definitely be the song I reach for when going to bed. Nice and peaceful!

now, I haven't heard the original, so, these are just my interpretations

Al

Nice jim, nice. I enjoyed it I`d paint jus a tad of verb on the whole thing to smooth the guitar a tiny bit more, and maybe bring the vocal up just a tad over the guitar. Reminds me a lot of the aura Gino Vannelli had with that album with Yonder Tree on it.

Back