a mix i'm proud of....

drdrew

here's a cool song i wrote, and my singer from my old band was nice enough to do vocals...so for once the don't suck...please listen and let me know what you think...

go to:

www.drdrew8.homestead.com

and click on "innocence mp3"

and you should be proud of the mix. Its good.

I liked the sound of those bgv, and I wish there was more of it.
The bass seems really spread out. I think it could use a little less room, and come up a tiny but.

Also, one thing you can do to the MP3 mix is to maybe shelf a little from like 4.9 to enhance the clarity of the mix.

I loved the guitars from the first second.

Keep it up man.

thanks for the listen!

what's bgv?

i agree totally about the bass being too spread out...i was going to go in and cut some of the mid-lows on it right now....

drdrew,

Really nice song, great work with loud and quiet. Nice picking.

My only nit, would be what sounded like flutter on the vocals. Some fx, or recorder to blame?

Very nice vocals too. Tastefull lead part, fit the song well.

hi,

by bgv, I meant Background Vocals. I believe they came in in two spots and they really sweetened the mix. More of the BGVs would be good imo.

edit:
Forget what I said about shelving from 4.9 k . I listened on a good set of phones, and it sounded Great as it is.

THe bass also sounded right. Did you already update the mix? or was it just the phones

Upon listening again, I believe that it is even a better mix than what I thought it was before.

again, keep it up

I forgot to tell you,

I also liked the song.

I love the hook " innocence is in your eyes" and the GBV added a lot to the feel of it.

peace man

thanks all for the time and listen..

i did go in and tighten up the bass and i think it's improved.

the flutter in the vocals....hmmmmm...i had some chorus effect on there, that might be what you hear. but i also clipped in acouple of spots, so if you only hear it once in a while, might be distortion.

thanks again everyone!

Here's what I can offer

Gave it a listen. I really liked the song. I liked the variety in the arrangement and the different guitar textures. In all honesty I wasn't paricularly fond of the vox though. Not so much the production, but the vocal tone and inflections. I really thought the song was great though.
Aaron
http://www.aaroncheney.com

though I didnt like the song, I thought the mix was pretty good. There was some wierd things going on with the voices at times. But overall I think you did a really good job with this mix, I can hear everything nice and clear.

Back