A midi drum triggering bunch of pots : ).

neon glow

After some consideration, i came to the conclusion that the best way to create drum tracks is by actually using hands and feet to kick things. Writing drums on the staff is a hell of a headache. Keyboard doesn't give a good enough feel, and inconvenient for natural drummer reflexes. The problem is - i have no money :). So, there should be a way to put sensors in any solid things (pots, wooden pieces), and kick them. It's much better if they could also feel different force of kicking. The output should be midi, since i use DXi drum-machine with samples. Is there any way to build this stuff? I have two friends, who are great with engineering, so soldering schemes together is ok. I would also love if the limit price for everything can be around 50 bux. Thorough explanation would be great. So, how can i do that?

Thanks for that link Crankz. There is some useful information there for creating stuff like that, though i need something simpler. I imagine it more like kicking regular house appliances : ). Of course those instructions are helpful in creating something alternative from them. Anyway, if anyone knows any cheaper and less grand solution which works ok, please tell me about it.

Back