A Mic or monitors?

tjorenby

Hey Guys,

I LOVE this board!

ok, I have about $280 to spend.
I cant decide if I should get some decent studio monitors, or a kick drum mic.
Right now I have a pair of REALLY nice Sony Headphones. and for mics I have 5 SM58s.

I know that its not very good to mix through headphones, but I also need a kick drum mic.

Which would you buy?

Thanks alot!
Tyler

ehhh... I have a feeling your never gonna get your mixes to sound anywhere near where you want them mixing through headphones no matter what mics you have... I would go with the monitors...

I would 2nd monitors, but $280 is going to leave you limited.
However, if thats your budget, you can look at the M-Audio series for that price range.

Don't the sm58 work for your kick? I always had the impression that the 'simple' dynamics work nicew for a kick, too

aXel

MONITORS BRO!!!! THE MOST UNDERESTIMATED PIECE OF A HOME RECORDING STUDIO!!! YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT THE RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THanks alot guys!

however.....I bought a slightly used Shure Beta 52 for $90.

I think im going to wait on the Monitors until I have enough to spend $280 on a single one!

Thanks alot!

i always wondered. whats the best way to go with monitors. passive or active? i got like 350 to spend... im also mixing through like pro quality sony headphones, i heard its not good. i can hear it too. it like has its own EQ where the bass is WAYYYY up

Back