A Long December

sandwiches

hey guys...

a while ago, i submitted a cover of "a long december" by the Counting Crows
at http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=126838

anyway, u guys gave me a lot of advice, and i've decided to make some improvements.

i was wondering, what do you guys think of it now?

in particular
(1) how are the vocals?
(2) how are the instruments parts?
(3) do they fit in with each other?
(4) the mix?
(5) what about the drums?

i'm planning to change the drums, i think they're too generic, i'm thinking using just percussion stuff.

thanks for your help in advance.

the song is at
http://www.nowhereradio.com/waiholiu/singles

click on Long December with drums.

cheers

sandwiches

Nothing wrong with it all.
The kick was a little buried, it lacked definition, and the vox are over bright in the 8 to 10k region

On a performance note however...
The whole nah nanaah nah part.
Something about that didnt sit to good with me.

But again, mix wise.
A fine effort Sandwiches.

I've always liked that song so I wanted to give this a listen for you......

in particular
(1) how are the vocals? why do they sound so out of phaze? Man it sorta sounds like Bob Dylan on a broken 45. I'm not sure what else to say about them. I'm used to something different.
(2) how are the instruments parts? Are you hawaiian? Some of the guitar sounds hawaiian, the bass is a little busy to be so loud, and there are just some wrong notes in there. You need to pick one that holds down the song and stay with it. The lead guitar is like santanas new stuff in that it doesnt belong where it is.
(3) do they fit in with each other? They are walking on each other. Play with some eq so they all have their own place. The timing is all off on them.
(4) the mix? That's all about the instruments fitting in. The vocal is on top, and that's good. But you have to get some seperation of parts. Is the piano leading? Is the bass? what is? I can't tell.
(5) what about the drums? They sound funny, like they were recorded at a differrent tempo and then put into this song. I think they're pretty good in time, though.

Keep going.
H2H

Back