A Little Petty?

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Tom that is... :D

Nothing special. Basically recorded live with some overdubbed guitars. Timing might speed up as a result, but hopefully not egregiously.

Attachments

• Saving Grace 2-4-22.mp3
    7 MB
Last edited:
Not bad, but could use some polish.
At least having the actual song as a reference track, you can adjust balances.

Thanks for the listen guys.

RFR, what are you hearing off in the balances? Guitars too loud? Drums not loud enough? I don’t usually mix to match the original. I mix to what sounds good… to my ears anyway. But curious if something is sounding off to you.

Thanks for the listen guys.

RFR, what are you hearing off in the balances? Guitars too loud? Drums not loud enough? I don’t usually mix to match the original. I mix to what sounds good… to my ears anyway. But curious if something is sounding off to you.
Might be just my preference, but that percussive instrument in the beginning (sorry don’t know name.) too loud. Vocals bit too loud, rhythm guitar too quiet.

Forgive me, but I’m a hardcore petty fan so have these songs burned into my head, so I’m a bit picky. 🙂

That said, overall it’s cool. And my hats off to for even recording a Petty song to begin with.

Our band does some Petty covers, but I wouldn’t record one. The bar is too high. 😂

Dug the stereo spread panning of the guitars right off the bat, vocals sound awesome against that being centered the way they are...great groove, the drums are great kicking in the way they do...this is a real toe tapper. Couple of the snare rolls /drum fills sounded a little distorted, on my speakers anyways, although I did crank this up a bit ;>).
Nice job, dug it!

I wore out the Heartbreakers first two albums and then lost touch when they got huge. This is a great tune, well done

Back