A Little Help....

HomesickAlien

Heya... Kinda new here and was hoping to get some input on a few things.
I'm in the middle of trying to piece together a new rig consisting of:

(these 3 will be rackmounted in a gator case because I really want it to be mobile so I can record gigs, rehearsals, etc...)

1. Monster Power Conditioner
2. RME fireface 800
3. ART HeadAmp 6 PRO

4. Tannoy Reveal 501A 5" Active 2-Way Monitors
5. QSC GX3 Power Amp (I already have a pair of passive monitors but have been using a shitty A/V receiver as an amp)

Ok. So first of all, if anyone wants to criticize this set up.. openly do so, i'm up for suggestions - but as far as monitors go, i can't really afford
anything better than the Reveals right now and will eventually be investing in some better passive units than I already have...

My big question is this - I am wondering if I can also mount the power amp with the units 1-3 in a gator case.. Or is the amp going to generate too much noise,
making it a bad idea.. Obviously I'm not going to be mic'ing the gator case but I'm just learning about power amps so I really am clueless when it comes to this.. I'm talking electrical noise or maybe something I've never heard of... I'd like to know the ideal place for the power amp in a studio since I've never owned one.

Anyways.. I tried searching the forums but really couldn't come up with an answer...

Oh, and am I missing anything? Yeah yeah... computer, mics, pres, blah blah blah.. I'm talking in my chain - have I overlooked anything fairly obvious or does this sound like a decent rig?

I actually posted something helpful here before I saw your duplicate post...

Last edited:
Back