A little advice

digital wonder

Hello everyone, i need a little advice from anyone who can give it. i have a budget around $30,000 for my personal production studio, and i wanted some opinions on what modules i should get on top of the ones that i have on my list already, and please tell me if ive made some incorect choices for the ones that i already have picked. also dont worry about price just tell me which you think are the best modules that you have used,heard,or read about.
E-mu proteus
E-mu carnival
E-mu mo phatt
E-mu virtuoso
E-mu XL-1
E-mu B3
Roland XV-5080
Yamaha MU50 tone generator
Alesis DM Pro 20-Bit Drum module

Thank you.

you have some good stuff there.

You should look into a Kurzweil.If your keen on editing and programing the power is amazing. Check out the new k2600. It's a killer !.

For the B3 sound I would also consider the Hammond XK-2. I believe it won (or tied) the last B3 shootout in Keyboard magazine. The disadvantages are the price---$1550 vs. only $650 for the Emu---and the keyboard if you really want a module to save space in the studio. I think an advantage with the XK-2 is authenticity. The keys are a lot like a real B3. You also have real drawbars to work with which the Emu does not. The Emu instead uses sampled sounds so you might not get the exact drawbar settings you're looking for depending on how fussy you are.

For myself, I'd love to get an XK-2 and a Motion Sound leslie. But I can't really justify the cost right now so I just get by with what I have.

If you really want a module, also consider the Voce stuff. They've been doing the B3 simulation thing for a while now and are very good at it. I haven't compared any Voce box side-by-side with the Emu so I can't say which sounds better. But just on reputation I'd guess that Voce would be better.

Jim

Yeah, alot of those emu modules are the same. The proteus 2000 for instance will hold the base ram for itself and any three of the ones you listed.
I personally would have a hardtime answering your question without a little more detail. What kind of music do you want to do?
Do you have any keys or modules now?
You can buy a nice stack of noise makers with that kind of dough!

Back