a good daw controller for audition 3.0

well i will pick one up this week or next and we'll see how it goes. i'll update when i play around with it some. thanx for your reply.

I'll be very interested.
I'm dusting off my Cubase 5.
Time to start working with a higher end DAW and the control surface could be a useful (though not really necessary) tool.

Cubase 5? I used Cubase LE which was a free program when I bought my Alesis 16 channel firewire mixer. Didn't like it too much. Have you ever used Cubase LE?
Is 5 different?

Actually, what I have is Cubase VST32 version 5.0. (sorry)
I have the Cubase 4 LE disc.
Also Magix S12 and I want to stop using Mixcraft.
I'd be interested to know which is the better of the other three.

I have never used any of those. I am still very new at this. The only experience I have is with Cool Edit Pro 2.0, Cubase LE(which was a free version when I purchesed my Alesis Multimix 16 Firewire) and Adobe Audition 3.0. I am really comfortable with the AA3. So it would be hard for me to move away from it. I might try to find some Demo versions of those and fumble through them to see what they are like. What is your personal opinion of AA3? Have you used it much?

Well I finaly got the controller. Found one on craigslist for 100 bux went ahead and grabbed it. While I haven't found out all the features yet I have to say the little thing is awsome. I love it. It was very easy to hook up and get sequenced with my DAW. Would recommend to anyone. Very Happy With My Purchase.

Well I finaly got the controller. Found one on craigslist for 100 bux went ahead and grabbed it. While I haven't found out all the features yet I have to say the little thing is awsome. I love it. It was very easy to hook up and get sequenced with my DAW. Would recommend to anyone. Very Happy With My Purchase.
So you can use it to mix regular audio tracks as well as midi, right.

I now have Cubase LE4 on the PC instead of VST32.
I'm thinking that a piece of gear like this could make either of those DAWs easier to use.

Actually when I read the title thats what I was going to recommend to you before I even opened the thread. Youtube it. I did a long time back it is compatible but the ONLY real thing its letting you do is get a HANDS ON feel. Technically CEP/AA already has built in mixers man. So ur spending a buck 50 to be able to touch your music pretty much.

Actually when I read the title thats what I was going to recommend to you before I even opened the thread. Youtube it. I did a long time back it is compatible but the ONLY real thing its letting you do is get a HANDS ON feel. Technically CEP/AA already has built in mixers man. So ur spending a buck 50 to be able to touch your music pretty much.

I guess I should have been a little more clear on why I was looking for a controller. My bad. I hate a mouse. I find it very tedious(sp?). But thank you very much for the suggestion. I appreciate you reading and replying to my post.:D

Last edited:
It doesn't have preamps. It's just a controller - you get to push buttons instead of mousing your way around.

Back