A girl I recorded.

Marcadiablo

Still a newbie
This is a girl I recorded a couple of days ago. Shes not the best of singers, but i did my best with editing so it doesn't sound so bad. Its kinda pop-punk. Shred it to pieces. LOL. :D

You're right. She's not a good singer. But the music kicks ass. I like the big drums, and the overall sound of the tune. It carries her through it. You might want to look at some of the rolls, though. They're a little robotic sounding. Besides that, it sounds great!

Listening now - love the intro. My only suggestion (and this is a personal "thing" I have") is I'd make it softer so when the song kicks in, the music comes up and really kicks in the song - if that makes sense. The only other thing I would change is the vocal seems set too far back, again, that's a personal preference.

Nice job! :D

You're right. She's not a good singer. But the music kicks ass. I like the big drums, and the overall sound of the tune. It carries her through it. You might want to look at some of the rolls, though. They're a little robotic sounding. Besides that, it sounds great!
Thanks! You are completely right. Especially the second full roll. I'll try to change it. Thanks again. :)

Listening now - love the intro. My only suggestion (and this is a personal "thing" I have") is I'd make it softer so when the song kicks in, the music comes up and really kicks in the song - if that makes sense. The only other thing I would change is the vocal seems set too far back, again, that's a personal preference.

Nice job! :D
You mean the intro a little lower? The far back thing i did it in purpose a little bit cause of the bad singing. LOL. Just trying ti hide it a little. :D Thanks for the comments. I love your mixes so this is a huge compliment for me. Thanks, man.

I like the intro, minus the lead. I think you can use a cooler effect, or just keep it like a straight riff with some nice reverb and delay: maybe some more distortion?

Sounds good tough. There's a good progression and everything sounds pretty smooth

She might not be a great singer, but you sure got the best out of her, Alex!
I don't thing she sounds bad at all, the voice has its own character. The mix is so good, sounds so full and rocking. Very catchy tune too. Nice job, no nits from me!

Joe :):):):)

Sounds okay to me, except I can't understand her. :mad: ;)

The mix sounds good. Like Rami mentioned, the drum fills are weird and robotic. These drums could pass for real if it weren't for those fills. Guitars and stuff sound great. Good job overall. :)

Marcadiablo,
Inches Beach - is that because the water is cold?
Not the greatest singer but then again look at the top 40!
I think you've done a grand job - good backing track (drums rolls - yeah hmmm) and you've managed to make her sound like a singer - like Nena from 99 Luftballoons.
Well done. _ I hope she's a) happy & b) appreciative.

I'll listen later tonight, but for now I gotta know, was she hot?
Yes, she was. That's why I'm not bummed about it. LOL.

I like the intro, minus the lead. I think you can use a cooler effect, or just keep it like a straight riff with some nice reverb and delay: maybe some more distortion?

Sounds good tough. There's a good progression and everything sounds pretty smooth

I'll check into that. Thanks for listening. :)

She might not be a great singer, but you sure got the best out of her, Alex!
I don't thing she sounds bad at all, the voice has its own character. The mix is so good, sounds so full and rocking. Very catchy tune too. Nice job, no nits from me!

Joe :):):):)
Thanks for those kind words, man. She doesn't sound that bad now. You should hear it without all the work done. LOL.

Sounds okay to me, except I can't understand her. :mad: ;)

The mix sounds good. Like Rami mentioned, the drum fills are weird and robotic. These drums could pass for real if it weren't for those fills. Guitars and stuff sound great. Good job overall. :)

Thanks man, I'm working on the fills. I lower then down a little and don't sound too bad now. I think they were just too loud and sounded out of place. I'll update the mix.

Marcadiablo,
Inches Beach - is that because the water is cold?
Not the greatest singer but then again look at the top 40!
I think you've done a grand job - good backing track (drums rolls - yeah hmmm) and you've managed to make her sound like a singer - like Nena from 99 Luftballoons.
Well done. _ I hope she's a) happy & b) appreciative.

No, this is one of the most regarded beaches to surf here in Puerto Rico and people started calling it that way because the wave starts and run just "inches" away from the reef.

I hope she likes it. I mean, I do. LOL. Thanks for the listening, man. :)

Regardless of what Simon Cowell would say, not everybody needs to be pitch-perfect to be effective. I think she sounds pretty good in this song. Although, I don't really have much of a feel for how much of it is smoke and mirrors because I haven't heard the raw tracks.

I'd also say that the vocals might be a smidge too low in the mix. But other than that, a fantastic job.

I think you did a great job with what you had to work with, Alex. Except for the robotic drum rolls, they scream fake.

Her voice is not that bad, really. I know you must have tweaked it some with V-vocal or Melodyne, but it's not far off what you hear a lot of girl groups sound like.

I hear music on the radio every day where the singer is out of tune. Mostly females. Maybe it's the "hot" equation rearing its pretty head again.

All in all, I think this is a pretty good sound. I could imagine hearing it on the radio if you fix the drums.

Wig:)

What I'd pay attention to here, M, is controlling some of the "brassy" sound when the mix gets dense.

The bright guitars in combination w/ the edge on the vocal, creates a glassy brassy sheen that puts a harsh reflective polish over the sound.

There's just too much upper mid energy in the piece, and it puts a harder edge on the overall sound.

I'd try to acheive a better balance between the bright guitar parts and the upper frequencies in the singer's track. Also remember to eq the effects channels too, so that they don't contribute to the dense energy buildup.

Smooth that out, and you're good to go.

I didn't mind her voice, although it wasn't tonally unique.

Kev-

Damn. My computer won't let me play this song for some reason. I really wanted to listen to it and the comments were funny.

Was she hot. Ha ha!

Boys will be boys.

Back