A Gibson that I actually like

I've never seen any Gibson even remotely like that. What is it?

To me, it looks like somebody put modern pickups and a new neck (offset dots - I hate offset dots) in a Teisco.

OK, I take that back. Just the body shape looks like a Teisco.

Its a Gibson MVX Victory. They also do it in a blue colour similar to Fender's Lake Placid blue which looks cool as fuck. I think there might even be a butterscotch version but there's not actually that many pictures of them about or that much info so its hard to confirm what the exact spec is.

Cool though, init?

Cool though, init?

Not to me. If I were inclined to get one, the burst is the one I'd go with, just because that's what my first electric Teisco-ish guitar was.

But I would not be inclined to get one. Bleh.

All it needs is a bunch of slider switches underneath each pickup.

See, I think its a really cool design. Has the pickups of a LP but with a middle single and 5 way selecter. Also its probably better balanced that a LP which is my main bug bare with them.

See, I think its a really cool design. Has the pickups of a LP but with a middle single and 5 way selecter. Also its probably better balanced that a LP which is my main bug bare with them.

Les Pauls are perfectly balanced. WTF are you talking about? Lol.

Anyway, it's basically a weird Fat Strat with Gibson-style bridge and tailpiece. Is the neck set or bolt on?

Lol, LPs have shite balance, you know this!

Yeah, it is basically a weird Fat Strat with a Gibson tail piece, not unlike the Gibtele I've been designing. No idea about the neck, although if it's neck through it could be a perfect guitar for me.

LPs have fantastic balance. All of the weight is right where it needs to be. You need to either eat some wheaties or start standing up when you play, like a man. It aint a campfire guitar.

My two cents: Weight comes second to tone in a Les Paul. or any Guitars really. If anything, the weight is part of what makes a good Les Paul good in my little world. I'd sling 40 pounds of rock and roll over my shoulder if i knew that the rock and roll was going to spew out all over the place. Rock and roll doesn't care about weight. Just ask Meatloaf, Fat Mike or the Fat guy from Dillinger Four.

LPs are balanced but heavy, uncomfortable and feel fragile to me. Mine sounds great but gets less play than my SG for those reasons.

LPs have fantastic balance. All of the weight is right where it needs to be. You need to either eat some wheaties or start standing up when you play, like a man. It aint a campfire guitar.

They are alright standing up. But then I play both sitting down and standing up. Sitting down they're rubbish.

They are alright standing up. But then I play both sitting down and standing up. Sitting down they're rubbish.

I've never really considered the sitting feel with guitars. Even trying them out at shops, I throw a strap on them when I can and stand.

I've never really considered the sitting feel with guitars. Even trying them out at shops, I throw a strap on them when I can and stand.

I didn't used to either. Only since I've been doing a lot more work in the last 5 years ago sitting in front of a desk. In future I'll probably be sitting down live a lot more too.

All I can say is, if you think an LP feels unbalanced, don't even bother trying an SG, especially standing.

And yeah, LPs are fragile compared to SGs. :rolleyes:

SG headstocks alone ensure the future of the guitar repair industry.

Back