A Final (hopefully) quesion about uploading MP3

arf-bagel

Ok . . I've got YAMP. I convert my file from wave to MP3, or so I think. Now, when I go to MP3 website and upload my song it tells me my file name must have MP3 at the end of it. It doesn't. My file says C:\MyDocuments\(Song name).wav. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I watch YAMP convert the song with my own two eyes but apparently I can't find the appropriate file anywhere on my comp. Help!

Thanks guys
Lumpygravy1@juno.com

Search your computer for *.mp3, and if it worked then you should find it. There's probably a setting in the encoder that determines where the mp3 is written to, and you should be able to change that to whatever directory you want. I've never heard of what you said you are using to encode, so I don't know that for sure.

I've also never seen an encoder that will alter the actual wav file after creating an mp3, so it's gonna be a separate file. I say that just in case you run the process on your wav file and expect that same wav file to now be an mp3. The wav file will remain the same as it was before, and you you should have a new file that is the mp3. It's also about 1/10 the size, but that also depends on the bit rate you encoded it at.

Go into your folder options and tell it to show file-extentions of known file-types, if you haven't done that.. Sorts out a lot of mixing-up problems (if that's the case..).

Hope you'll get it up :)

Back