A few questions

Bagged Taco

A couple of us want to start recoring some freestyle over insturmentals. And i have some questions about what i should do to get this started..

First: I have Sound Forge 6 this is way overkill for what we are doing but i got it pretty cheep from a guy who couldnt figure it out. I pretymuch have it down.. But i think my pc is too slow for it if i try to record while playing the mp3 it becomes laged really bad so im shure that i need a faster pc but what should i be looking for? I want to be able to play the mp3 though headphones while recording though the mic (Im guessing that you dont want the mic coming though the headphones) We are just starting out and im not real shure what kind of equipment i should be looking at.

Second. Where can i get insturmentals ive found some over the internet ive copied some from cd's but i hear soo many over the radio how do they get them? I was thinking vinyl but is their any other way to get them with better quality?

Finaly. Any advice you have on getting started on building a small vocal booth for this purpose and any advice on what equipment i should be looking at (I want to keep it simple relying on the computer as much as possable. im not recoding a grammy album just tryin to make some extra money selling cd's)

I got the solution

Yo Kid,

The cheapest and best way to do this would be to. Get a program thats easy to use like magix...you can download it on kazaa if you don't have the funds. Then it's real easy and very self explanitory. Next you prob need to get some ram for your computer...it's prob not your computer if you tell me what model and some spec's i'll be more than happy to help you out kid.
I spit over a bunch of instuments on this site.
www.nowhereradio.com/killakev/singles

Also to get the lyrics off of hot songs you need to get a program like calkwalk home xl or sonar xl they can do everything plus more. If you need some hot instumentals though... let me know i'll be on Im my s/n is djdice5

Hold it Down..
Ya boy Kevlar

Back