A few questions about the Yamaha MD4s and the Shure sm-57

Shawnr33

hi, I am just starting to get into recording and I have a couple of questions. Anyone have the new Yamaha MD4s?? I would like some feedback/info if that is possible. Another thing, the shure sm-57 I have heard that is the best mic. Do you need any extra cords to go with this mic? Anything on these two topics will be helpful! Thanks!

I don't know much about the yamaha MD's but the sm 57 is a great mic for instruments and alright for vocals.
You need only a standard mic cable if that is what you meant.

My experience with SHure SM 57s. Is that they are absolutely the best jack of all trades mic. Not specializing in really anything but can hold it's own on just about everything. Especialy live performances.

Kato

Hello,
I've had the MD4S for a few months
and I am very happy with it. I realize
it does compress the audio (alot less than MP3 compression) but for my music
(acoustic folk) it works pretty well.
After using a Tascam 424 for a few years,
the very clean quality of the MD is
a breath of fresh air.
I've also never had any 'DISK ERROR X'
type problems that some people have had
with some older MD Multi-track machines.
And I think Musician's Friend just lowered their price on the MD4S. Good luck!
-Evan

What kind of music are you recording? I just got a Aphex 107 mic pre and a AT-4033, which made a world of difference in my MD4S recordings...

[This message has been edited by gordone (edited 10-25-1999).]

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I was hoping you guys said the things you said. No bad comments! yes! gordone: I play mostly rock: hendrix,metallica,satriani,vai and ozzy(randy rhodes!) plus I play some blues. Thanks again to everyone!

Back