A Few New Tunes!!

ShaneSelby

Hello all!

Just working on a few rough mixes of some songs I recorded. Figured I would post them and get some feedback from the board. Again, these are just rough mixes so let me know what you do and dont like about them. I am just trying to get nice level mix where everything is sitting about right.

Please take a few minutes and give a listen.

Thanks,
Shane

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2149&alid=-1

Sounds good! I listened to 2 in LO-fi, sounds very nice, catchy stuff. I will download some later ( Lousy dial-up). Very cool.

Like DavidK, I've listened to a song or two in lofi and it sounds great. Very friendly stuff.

I'm downloading them right now, will report further later on OK?

Quick note: the vocals sound a little thin. Perhaps Chris 'the guy who made americana music acceptable for me' Harris could be so nice to help you out with this...

This really isn't my style of music, but......I did listen to all 4 songs. I have to say I enjoyed each one. There's some solid song writing and the recordings were, in my opinion, VERY good. One thing that jumped out at me was the way the bass carries the low end perfectly. Never overpowering but clear as can be.

I can't offer advice, your obviously light years ahead of me, but I can offer up a big "HELL YEAH!" these tunes are excellent. :D

I'd like to hear the vocal harmonies a tad louder. Maybe that's something to do with my pc speakers (I listened on creative labs 5.1 inspires)

Very nice indeed.

~scott

not my style either, but it is really a good quality. You have a Skynard meets kid rock in the 2nd song sound. Either intentional or coincidence it works for your voice

Thanks for the kind replies.

The music was writen by my brother and recorded in my home studio. The guitar and vocals are my brother. The bass, drums, and piano were done by good friend of mine. This has been a slow project that I have been putting together on the weekends. Slow but a lot of fun!

I will post a few more tunes when I get a chance.

Thanks again for the comments and keep em coming!

Shane

Oh man, who is that drummer / bassist / keyboardist guy....he's the BEST EVER!!!!!!

;)

Warren

PS: Mixes sound good!

Back