A few mixes for review

tbone36109

Ok so its been a really long time since I posted here but I was wondering if You guys could listen to a few songs and give a critique on the mix and sound, also critique on the actual songs are never a bad thing. Just a couple notes, we actually lost the lyrics to the song "is there no better way" and we had to kinda make them up on the spot ... so yeah they sound really bad make no sense and we will be rerecording those haha. Also there is a little bad language at the end of Nothing on the radio just to warn you but other than that i dont think there is anything. Any help would be aprecciated.
Edit: o yeah I forgot, a few of them sorta fall apart at the end but thats cause we planned on fading them out, just leaving that for mastering stage
http://www.soundclick.com/TheHonesttoGods

edit: I screwed up some compression on one song so I took it off soundclick and now sound click wont let me post and new file so i uploaded it to lightning mp3
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=14714

thanks guys

Last edited:
Yeah, shoot.... I posted a reply last night, but seems I was too sleepy to hit the "post reply" button!! I liked What you're doing my brother!! I wish I had more time to write but I's gotta get to school!

Peace!

~Shawn

Nothing On the Radio: Sounds very good...Blink 182 type of thing I suppose...I don't even know...is it a cover? It's a good mix to my ears and yeah...what can I say. It's good.

88 Days: Again...those rhythm guitars panned left and right with a little delay...sounds nice like that...snare on 88 Days is not so strong or resonant or potent. Same genre as before.

String of Pearls: You could bring up the 'Ahhhh's' (are there some ahhhhs or was I hearing things?) good tones, good singing and treatment of it. Very...to my ears anyway...Blink 182 in many ways.

Yeah, shoot.... I posted a reply last night, but seems I was too sleepy to hit the "post reply" button!! I liked What you're doing my brother!! I wish I had more time to write but I's gotta get to school!

Peace!

~Shawn

dude thanks always appreciate posative comments
Nothing On the Radio: Sounds very good...Blink 182 type of thing I suppose...I don't even know...is it a cover? It's a good mix to my ears and yeah...what can I say. It's good.

88 Days: Again...those rhythm guitars panned left and right with a little delay...sounds nice like that...snare on 88 Days is not so strong or resonant or potent. Same genre as before.

String of Pearls: You could bring up the 'Ahhhh's' (are there some ahhhhs or was I hearing things?) good tones, good singing and treatment of it. Very...to my ears anyway...Blink 182 in many ways.
Also thanks. Yeah they are all original except for the "If I should fall from Grace with God" that I posted seperately, thats a cover of a Pogues song. Do you think the snare needs to change some on 88 days to maker it stronger and more resonant or were you saying its good the way it is? and yeah those are ahhs yeah Im kinda glad you said turn them up I keep trying to turn them up but they keep getting lost in conversion to mp3 and I didnt want to turn them up to much .... what can I say, I guess its hard not to love a couple of large 22 year old guys awkwardly singing falceto ahhs into a mic.

Yeah make that snare more resonant...maybe it's the mp3 encoding...so take a grain of salt with my comments. Falsetto ahhhhs?? Don't worry...the first 10 songs I tried to record had lead vocals like that. Go the Bee Gee's!

Yeah make that snare more resonant...maybe it's the mp3 encoding...so take a grain of salt with my comments. Falsetto ahhhhs?? Don't worry...the first 10 songs I tried to record had lead vocals like that. Go the Bee Gee's!

ok yeah i did the drums on that one last so the head was a bit dull on the snare by then ill see what i can do and maybe post a new version up. Worry? Haha im not one of the singers so I think it hysterical, or atleast the recording of it was.:D

EDIT: opps sorry to tack another song on but i forgot to post it and would really apreciate it if yall could take a quick listen
(soundclick is still not working right so heres a link)
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=14716

Last edited:
Back