A Few Line6 XTPRO Tone Samples

is that the 400 $ pod.... or the more expensive one? ... if its the 400 $ one... that will be next on my buy list.

is that the 400 $ pod.... or the more expensive one? ... if its the 400 $ one... that will be next on my buy list.

lbcstudios said:

No it's the XTPRO rackmount....but tone-wise they are identical...the XTPRO just has more I/O's, and S/PDIF, etc....plus better reamping features...but it's the SAME tones.

KEV

Nice stuff, but I just don't really care for the tones. I'm not saying anything negative about you or your playing, trust me so please don't take this as such, I just for the life of me can't get my ears to really like any of the recording amp simulators out there. I was tempted to buy one because I have a contemporary christian songwriter coming into my little project studio to record another CD (I've done two others for him), and I wanted something simple, but I'm just not sure I can get over the tones. They just don't sound real. I guess I'll just be a amp and mic man forever (which believe me, I know we can't all record our amps in our home studios because of the volume...). Nice work and I really appreciate you giving me the samples to listen to. It is very helpful!

Mike

mike2731 said:
Nice stuff, but I just don't really care for the tones. I'm not saying anything negative about you or your playing, trust me so please don't take this as such, I just for the life of me can't get my ears to really like any of the recording amp simulators out there. I was tempted to buy one because I have a contemporary christian songwriter coming into my little project studio to record another CD (I've done two others for him), and I wanted something simple, but I'm just not sure I can get over the tones. They just don't sound real. I guess I'll just be a amp and mic man forever (which believe me, I know we can't all record our amps in our home studios because of the volume...). Nice work and I really appreciate you giving me the samples to listen to. It is very helpful!

Mike

I do agree, they are reasonably decent tones only that work fine in a full mix....but stand alone, they just don't have the real body/fullness/richness that a real amp/cab/mic does.....coz there's no AIR to speaker component.....However, modelling 'is' getting better each year, so the gap is getting smaller.

I only use Line6 gear for DI coz it's 100% consistant, and the volume issue.....I'd much rather mic up a Soldano SLO100 & 4x12 and crank the sucker, but it's not always practical....

Such is LIFE! :)

KEV

Kev, I'd love to hear some recordings with the Line 6 doing more of a straight amp sound in a mix. Do you have anything just doing the amp sim, with very little effects on the sound?

Mike

mike2731 said:
Kev, I'd love to hear some recordings with the Line 6 doing more of a straight amp sound in a mix. Do you have anything just doing the amp sim, with very little effects on the sound?

Mike

Mike,

I pretty much always use 80's style FX, I'm just one of those guys that can't stand a DRY tone...much...

However, I know a lot of folks do use them....why don't ya ask for some folks (on the Line6 forum) to post a few samples for ya...

On here: (under POD)

http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

there's a nice VETTA II sample (Iron Maiden)
posted in this thread:

http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000764

Check it out....

KEV

Back