A cover by "El Flapo"

Flapo1

This is a really nice mix!!!!! I can hear everything with no problem!
Wish I could understand the words!
A small pitch issue in the chorus when the bg voxs com in but in all a nice upbeat tune!! Nice chops !

How was this recorded?
Nice job!

Joel
:D

Thanks, jcmm!

I noticed the problem with the not-very-tuned part of the vocals, but I haven't had time to correct it, but I will do so soon!

About the words... mmmhhh that's a problem I have very often. Why would that be??? :D :p

Actually the words are based on a Psalm, not shure which one, I'll check it out and tell you later.

not a bad tune and mix but the vocals ... hm ... sorry flapo ... they are consistenly off... so it could be bad monitor mix or something... they are also too loud... by the way is it you in the picture :D

Thanks Fed. I appreciate your input and BTW you're right. Those vocals need redoing.

And yes, it's me in the picture. Wish I could say it's my ugly half-brother!!! :p :eek:

As stated, the vocal is out. Other than that, not bad my friend.
I'm reaching here on my Spanish, In The House Of God?

Hey Twist whats up?

Actually, that's a "cholo" salute. Cholos are a cross between a "Pachuco" and a wetback. You just got the wrong spelling, It's like "órale", which BTW is a word to mean something like "cool" or "rock on".

Does it mean you liked the mix?

Pleeeeeaaaassseee don't talk about those vocals in the chorus :D :D :D :D

sounds good flap.. I won't mention what was already mentioned even though I agree. :D There's a lot of parts where it sounds good though.. cool guitar too..

unfortunately, no habla espanol, but I could tell it was all good..

Howdy, Sam!!

Great to see you heard my mix, specially because I love yours and your music!

OK folks: Tomorrow in the morning I'm gonna upload some changes I just made in the vox --cheering, applauses-- and in the mix. So stay tuned.

BTW Sam, have you heard the other tunes? I think "Más" and "Naces" will be of your liking.

Ola Flapo,

Thanks for the Spanish lesson! Just checked out your new version of the mix. Yeah, I thought it was better than the first one. Rock on!

Twist

nope ... vocal still off ... are you using headphones ... did you try with one ear off ...

actualy second chorus and tothe end is not bad ... did you only resung that one ... because first one is off ... and the verses seem a little too low for you

Hey Flapo!

Really nice song!
I especially like the electric guitar sound.
Good tone.

You said you redid the vocals,they sound a little too far out front,IMHOP!:)

Pretty good job,now you have to share the words.
Or do I have to break my Spanish dictionary out on you!
You don't want that,trust me!:D

Cool stuff!

Pete

¡Muy buenos dias!
OK, I realize that Im a little late in arriving but Im gonna blame it on my 56k modem and if that werent already enough, according to the French I live in Africa...en fin, mas vale tarde que nunca...I listened to your second mix and here is what I thought;
I liked the snare sound and the drums in general.
I liked the overall energy of the tune, kinda reminded me of Spanish pop bands from the 80s-¿listen to any of that stuff¿
The words reminded me of two things;
number A.) One of my favorite Bible verses-"It is better to live alone in a corner of an attic than in a mansion with an unpleasant woman" (or something to that effect,I think that can be found either in Psalms or Song of Solomon but I cant remember as I flunked out of Sunday School)
number B.) A traditional Spanish catechism ditty that was popularly deformed into-"Que alegria cuando me dijeron, vamos a la casa del DINERO"(whoops, sorry if I got a little sacreligous)
I think that this is very well done flapo with my only observation being that the voice could perhaps sentarse un poco mejor el la mezcla. Cant really tell ya how to achieve that as I have the same problem so if you figure it out let me know. BTW, I used to live in Hot Springs Ark.( ya lo se, ya lo se...el mundo es un pañuelo) and I was wondering if there are "hot springs" in Aguascalientes.
¡enhorabuena!
el jordo

Hola Sr. Flapo -

Wow! This is not at all what I was expecting from the description of a Spanish Christian song. Pretty good, mi amigo.

First the guitar work is great. I really liked it. The snare drum, though, had a touch too much reverb for my liking. Nice sound on it, just too much reverb.

The vocal intonation has already been covered by others, so I'll refrain from commenting. :)

Overall, very nice work. Keep it up.

Mike

(btw, does flapo mean something in Spanish?)

Hi, Guys. Sorry for not answering sooner, but I use my work's comp. to visit the board, and it was weekend, so... anyway:

fed:
Thanks for your comments and your constructive criticism. I really appreciate those. I'll work out the voice in my next song. This was just a "test" for trying my "drum tracking and mixing" chops and actually... yes, the song is a bit low for me (the verses, that is.

fender:
thanx for coming by! Great you enjoyed it!

muzeman:
thanks for the comments, specially from someone I admire his work a lot. You can find the lyrics almost exactly in your Bible, It's a psalm that goes (not exact words, though) "I'd rather be one moment in the house of God than a thousand years away from Him"

jordo:
hola compadre! Me encantó tu boogie de "quiero marcha". Yes, I do like 80's spanish rock a lot, as well as argentinan and some mexican rock from that era, "Rock en tu idioma" remember? Specially Sabina, Miguel Ríos, Enanitos Verdes, Soda Stereo, Caifanes (early), etc. About what you comment on the lyrics, I used to feel the same before I got out of La Iglesia Católica Apostólica y Remona. Now I have direct access with the Big Guy Himself (not thru intermediaries) y te tengo que decir que es lo máximo! About the vocals, I think I had them too loud and a bit too bass-heavy. In Aguascalientes there's no Hot springs, but there is an Ojo Caliente :eek: :eek: :o BTW I lived in Wichita, Ks which I think it must be near Arkansas :D

dackay:
thanks, pal. I already made (another) mix of the song in which the snare is drier and the voice sits a lot better in the mix. And no, Flapo doesn't mean anything in spanish. That's how I used to call some fluff toys that resembled whales that I had when I was a kid. (not so long ago! :p ;) )

Thanks everyone that helped me with your invaluable comments.

I'll be posting a new song today or tomorrow

Back