A Couple Recording Questions

xTbs

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and semi new to recording (I've done recordings before but they aren't great)

Anyways I have a couple questions as right now I am working on doing some demo track work for my roommate and in the near future for myself as well. The first one is, I am having problems with buzzing coming from my amp and while I know that that is normal at times, it is a bit excessive, along with that what is the best way to record an electric guitar or bass? (Via mic or line in...)

The second question. Due to certain circumstances I was forced to use my usb "Studio" mic to record my roomys voice, so I had no way of controlling trim or anything, So I have a nasty white noise thing going on in the background because windows hates me. Is there any way to dampen that via effects with cubase? (I had to record the tracks in audacity and transfer them to the pc that has cubase)

Last one I promise :P Back when I was recording some so so demos for myself I noticed that the sound is kind of meh. (I dont know how to describe but when I hear a cd it sounds more compressed or isolated in a way where with mine it sounds not like that, the guitar sound is weird and stuff, I dont know how to describe it. What I'm asking is, is there a tutorial either on this site or somewhere that helps with setting up sound so it doesnt sound like its being done through cheap mics or a phone(maybe not that bad)?

Thanks In Advance! :)

Go into the Recording Techniques section, and look at the "sticky" The Internets Best Recording Resources" and start reading.......you just might learn something.

That said, I'll give you the first hint you need to know........get it sounding right at the source..........this has to include the acoustic environment your recording in. Understand and stick by this.

The buzzes and other noises you're experiencing are equipment problems and should be dealt with as a separate issue.

Back