A couple of new songs

DaSpider

Hey everyone! It's been a while, but I recently got back to writing and recording. I have a couple of songs that I'd like some feedback on.

First, most of the songs I've been doing this year have been what I would call acoustic britpop rock... so with these two I'm trying to change it up a little. Also, I'm trying for something more accessible / radio-friendly.

When The World Comes Down On You

It's about fighting what I call the Comfortable Rut. When someone sits back and let's things happen instead of making things happen.

Baby Don't You Let Me Down

I was a little hesitant at posting this one, as I'm not happy with the vocals and will be redoing them. But it's about a guy that enjoys the abuse his girl brings to him.

Please take a listen and let me know what you think.

FYI... I posted this to the songwriting forum too.

Thanks!
Neall

when the world comes down:

your recording job sounds really good (especially the chorus--nice guitar/vocal sound), and the overall capturing of the drums is well-balanced and punchy, but the whole mix suffers from an intense pumping going on in sync with the kick. i can't tell if it's over-zealous compression on the kick drum, or over-zealous compression on the stereo mix (i would guess the mix). it's unpleasant on the ears in either case.
i'd also bring the guitar down a notch on the verses and perhaps round the tone a touch. the drum fill at the very end sounded as though the tempo went a bit haywire, which left me scratching my head at the end of an otherwise well-written and performed track. i look forward to hearing a version without that pumping! :)

baby don't you let me down:

i didn't get to listen to this one because soundclick seems to be throwing a fit again (i had this problem last night). sorry, i'll try again later.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comments! I'll take a look at the compression issue and the ending.

When The Word Comes Down On You is up to #4 on the SoundClick Pop Rock chart! Very surprised to see it up that high. Thanks to everyone that may have helped push it up a bit! I think the people in 1, 2, and 3 are doing SoundClick's paid promotion feature ($$), so that's pretty good... shame I'm not offering it as a paid download. Oh well. But it's fun to see. :D

SoundClick Pop Rock chart

Thanks,
Neall

ok, i got back to "baby don't let me down."

the only thing here i'd change (other than the vocal foibles which you're redoing anyway) is bring up the snare level and maybe fatten it up with some eq and reverb to really punctuate this pop song.
great mix of guitars, bass, vox.
great job!

Back