A clip of my new beat

freshlysqueezed

Click on the link on my sig to check out the new beat I'm workin on. its called wrong side of the tracks. Criticism would be appreciated. :D

Dang im def feelin dat its fiyah da only thing im not feelin is da bell type sound in da track but what u provide sounds good to me. I see u reppin da NC and im reppin da SC get at yo girl sometimez.

freshlysqueezed said:
Click on the link on my sig to check out the new beat I'm workin on. its called wrong side of the tracks. Criticism would be appreciated. :D

Cool concept... I can hear where you're goin' with this... I'm thinking that makes a good chorus.. After those bars you posted, I hear that shaker sound cutting out and then a phat bassline dropping.. Sweet, man... With a little more clarity with the mix.. I hear this track being a real banger...

thanx man...i honestly started werkin on it like 20 min ago and was like damn its osudning pretty good...i just wanted to get everyones opinion. seems like im gonna have to step up and make this track light up.

freshlysqueezed said:
thanx man...i honestly started werkin on it like 20 min ago and was like damn its osudning pretty good...i just wanted to get everyones opinion. seems like im gonna have to step up and make this track light up.

It has been my experience that the best tracks are built on a spark like this... You just have to dedicate yourself to presenting the magical idea in the best way you can....

freshlysqueezed said:
I updated the beat so give a listen to it, when ya'l get the chance. Remember just click the sig.. :D

Cool stuff...

Might wanna do some more arranging with it though... I don't wanna curve your style.. but I'd like to make a couple suggestions...

This song, from what I can hear on the cheap speakers here at work, has three main components (segments really)..Remember, this is just my opinion.... Ya got the..

Main part.. with the stabs... this should be the main hook of the song...8 bars / 16 (tops)

Main part with the synth over it... bout half way through the song... this should be used as a bridge mechanism or to transition from the chorus... 4 bars / 8 (tops) ...See my Raining V2 for an example.. listen @ 3:00 for a short demonstration...

And the verses, in my head should be without the shaker or the stabs (sparingly, if any)... 16 bars / 32 (tops)...

I'm not saying you shouldn't break the rules, ever... I just think this song could be structured more... Those stabs can get pretty rough after 8 bars straight....

Either way.. I still like it... Thanks for reading my post and sharing your creation(s)....

Keep it bangin'

Peri

i appreciate the input man. i personally kno that it could use a lil more structure. although ive been making beat for about 6 months, still havent quite figured out all the tricks. but im learning. believe it or not for the most part in doing all my sequenceing in Fruityloops. i just discovered recently how powerful it really is. thanx for the input man. its gonna help me in the long run. see my goals are pretty simple. i wanna run a studio for people who wanna record demo tracks and such, more specifically high school and college kids. and thers lots of bank in hip hop back home in Miami. Most of them dont kno much about recording or beat making. Thats where I wanna come in. Not only for them but anyone really in any kind of music. Well i seem to have started to ramble a little. LOL. I'm gonna take your suggestions and see what i can do with this. its always good to get some input.

yeah i used a lot of soundfonts that we're free from the net...i had found a site that was really good and lost the link. what VSTi's, soundfonts patches etc. could you recommend for me, as i use fruityloops

Back