a cable problem

Riku

This might be again one of those stupid questions...

I'm pretty much sure I'm buying the ECHO MIA soundcard...
For recording guitars I'm planing to buy the Johnson J-Station

http://www.johnson-amp.com/jstation.htm

I can plug it to my ECHO MIA or can I? The Johnson has the s/pdif out and the MIA has s/pdif in...

But what kind of cable and what kind of connectors should I use??

The manual of mia says that I should 75 ohm coaxial RG59 video cable...but what do I need for my Johnson end??? I couldn't find what kind of connector it uses...

could you help?

I clicked your link to johnson and it does show the back of the amp, but it is hard to tell, the picture is so small. Should be able to use the same cable for both devices. The s/pdif i/o looks alot like the rca jacks on your stereo.

From looking at the picture, I'm pretty sure it's a cooxial, but I'm not sure. But I would guess that to go from the J-station to the soundcard all you would need is the 75 ohm coaxial cable, assuming the S/PDIF digital output that they refer to is a coaxial output rather than an optical output.

Mainly there are two types of digital outputs. These are:

1. optical (Toslink)
2. coaxial

Optical inputs and outputs are not as common (I think) and the cables are more expensive.

So I'm assuming that it's a coaxial output:

The cable you need should have RCA connectors on both ends. Keep in mind that this is a different cable from the types that are commonly used with stereos. As long as it's designated as Coaxial, 75 ohms, and S/PDIF, you should be getting the right cable.

I hope everything I said is correct...

Yep I think you're right, I went to local shop to see the J and the digi-out and coaxial it was.... I Think

Thank you

Back