A 2 Minute Piece

gt2008

I JUST WANTED TO DUST OFF THE COBBER-NEENERS............SO I BULLSHITTED THROUGH A 2-MINUTE PIECE. FOR THIS HERE, I WANTED TO FOCUS ON MY VOICE EQ-ING AND PLAY AROUND WITH MY SOUND QUALITY, TO SEE IF I CAN GET A LIL' MORE POLISHED.

THE OPENING BAR IS "IT'S GT UP IN THE LAB, AND IT TOOK EVERYTHING I HAD" <--WHAT THAT'S REFERRING TO, IS THAT I'VE BEEN SO FUCKING BUSY LATELY THAT I REALLY HAD TO FORCE MYSELF INTO THE EFFING LAB FOR A SECOND TO WORK ON SOME THINGS.

ANYWAYS WWW.MYSPACE.COM/GTPROMO CALLED "JUST HAVIN SOME FUN" (I THINK THAT'S WHAT ITS CALLED, LOL, THIRD ONE DOWN!).

What did you do on that mix? Give us a breakdown of what you did, what effects you put on, how many layers you did, etc. so some of us here can give you help in making it sound better.

VOCAL MIXING ONLY* WAS DONE:

The opening little chorus part is done first with an amplitude cut of -3db.
Then I put a "parametric EQ" on there; it was a preset.
Then I applied "Nice Presence" which is a preset reverb setting.

I recorded it 3 times (in full), #2 and #3 are around -11 (sound level) and I panned one 55 to the left, the other 55 to the right.

For the verse, I recorded it with a bit lower mic-volume so I didn't have to cut any amplitude. I added the same parametric-EQ, and then "Natural" reverb, which was a preset. I dubbed-over "emphasis" words two times, panning one to the left 75, and one to the right 75, turned it down to -6, and used the same EQ and Reverb as the Main.

Last edited:
Back