80s metal clip

OzNimbus

Hi gang, I've got a short clip here that I'd love to get some feedback on.

Yep, it's pure cheeseball 80's metal: The complete anithesis of what's "cool" these days.

However, any constructive mix criticizm would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-0z-

Right click "save as"

Hell yeah! The riffage and guitar tone reminds me of old-school Megadeth! Pretty badass and balanced mix.

A few things that I'd personally do differently

-Bring the vocals down a db or two.
-The whole mix sounds really dry. I'd throw down a bit more reverb on the snare and toms.
-Bring the toms out a bit more. Maybe apply a short ass delay to them to thicken them up a bit.
-Maybe bring the guitars up a bit.

Some of these things are totally subjective, the mix already sounds pretty damn good already. I love the guitar tone man. Totally reminds me of Megadeth.

Thanks for the honest critique. A second set of ears is ALWAYS appreciated!

That's one thing I've been wrestling with lateley: Just how loud the vocals should go..... Thanks again man!

-0z-

As far as the mix goes,..I wouldnt change anything. Sounds pretty good,..everything is where it should be.
You defintely got it right though,..pure 80's sound.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

Fuckin" Fuck Yeah Brother!

Raise the fist!

Youre a dick for only putting a smidge up of the clip though.

Both you and Fattmusiek do that shit.
Coool stuff.
Little clips...

Ticks me off.

Lets hear the whole thing dude damn!

When the vox came on, I was like OMG! Is that Michael Sweet? But then I realized it wasn't but, can you say "To Hell with the Devil"? That was straight out of STRYPER land.

I thought it was outdated but good.

xfinsterx said:
Fuckin" Fuck Yeah Brother!

Youre a dick for only putting a smidge up of the clip though.

Actually, I couldn't put the whole song up because the band doesn't want to give the whole thing away.... it's part of a 3 song EP that will go on sale by the end of the fall.

If you like the music, you can check out the group at www.betrayer.ca

-0z-

Back