8" speaker for recording guitar?

Jay C

hey all i am tired of playing with amps sims and decided to order a mic (sm57) but i will need to build a small iso box for recording, i don't have a lot of space so i'm wondering if an 8" speaker is going to do the job. anyone have any experiences using small speakers for recording? also i should mention that i live downtown above a restaurant , so it can be noisy , the good news is the place closes at 4pm. but the douche bags in my town never stop doing loser laps in there big loud trucks.

What 8" speaker? I think it would be best to just stick with what works - regular ol 10 or 12 in guitar speakers.

An 8" speaker will sound small and crappy like a toy amp. Before you worry about an iso box just mic the amp and see how it goes. I doubt that youll have that much of an issue with ambient noise.

You're not planning on mounting an 8" speaker in side of some 'iso box' you build are you? First get the sound you want from amp/speaker combo, then build the box to suit.

You're not planning on mounting an 8" speaker in side of some 'iso box' you build are you? First get the sound you want from amp/speaker combo, then build the box to suit.

i was planning that. LOL. i'll have to look into this a bit more.

Back