8 pre or firepod

I like the firepod, but never used the 8 pre.

They have different features. The 8 pre has adat I/O capability but only 2 analog outs. The firepod has no adat, but has 8 analog outs, plus a couple of inserts

The 8pre has better pres, better converters and better firewire performance (low latency). The firepod has more analog outs. Base your decision on your needs of these things.

yeah...it's a tough choice...i want the motu, but i like the like the input optrions for the firepod...i don't want to really get an adat converter....but i might.....

I'm not sure what input options you like better on the Firepod. The MOTU has phantom switchable per channel and a pad on each channel. The Firepod has phantom in banks, and no hardware switch for the pad at all.

The Motu can be expanded to 16 in and 10 out with an external ADAT converter, while the FirePod is 10 and 10 only.

The advantage to the Firepod is that you could do eight channels out without having to buy an external ADAT converter. Other than that, the 8pre looks very nicely set up in comparison.

Back