8 Channel ADAT Pre-amp for under $500?

audiogeography

Hello everyone, I'm looking for an 8 channel ADAT pre-amp in order to expand my MOTU 8 Pre. My price range is anywhere under $500. I've looked into the Behringer ADA converters as well as the M-Audio Octane, but wanted some outside suggestions since I've had mixed experiences with products from both companies. Does anyone have any other suggestions, anywhere from smaller manufacturers to bigger names? Thanks in advance!

What "mixed experience" have you had with an Octane? I have one.

It's silver and it wanted to hookup with my Tascam 1804--which is dark grey. I know they'll get funny looks, and if they ever have kids the kids will probably get picked on.

But I'm a sucker for romance--who care's if one's silver and one's grey--I'm cool with bi-racial gear hookups.

What "mixed experience" have you had with an Octane? I have one.

HAHA. I was actually referring to M-Audio in general. I'm anxious to drop the cash on the Octane, since I haven't read many hands on reviews on the hardware itself. I also used to own an 1814, and wasn't a huge fan. If it was up to me, my rack would resemble all the colors of the visible spectrum, but that's far too ridiculous!

Need 8 more Preamps

I'm looking to add 8 more preamps to my already existing Presonus Firetsudio Project, and my question is should I buy another one of these babies or should I get the Presonus Digimax FS 8-channel Preamp unit? My next question, is the firestudio project offer daisy chain compatabilities with other presonus interfaces? Thanks for your help, Geoffrey

Sweetwater has a DigiMax FS Demo for $550 right now (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DigiMaxFSd1/). I have a DigiMax FS hooked up to my FireStudio 2626 and I have zero problems with them.

As far as the FireStudio Project, I know with the FireStudio 2626 and the Project they were originally marketed as being able to daisy chain multiple units together via the dual firewire ports, but this turned out not to be the case (so far) and has been discussed and argued about on the PreSonus forum (http://forums.presonus.com/showthread.php?t=5109). Unfortunately, you don't have the ADAT connections so you wouldn't even be able to run a DigiMax into it.

-Wes

Back