: )

zallen25

Missing the point.......im sure the sky system will be a great choice.....but what i was getting at was how apples were being compared with oranges between the two. you have a 2.1 system vs. a 2 monitor system. Of coarse the system with added sub will benifit.......but then.......what happens if you add a sub with the mackies???? humm..

To answer malcoms123's question: there are lots of subs out there that are pretty nice......I haven't had the chance to check out the subs that mackie put out or even heard enough feedback from them to say anything, but I would seriously look at the KRK S12, S10, or S8. I believe the prices go 999.99, 799.99, and 499.99. I have listened to the S12 a lot and........i have to say some of the CD's i've listened to with a lot of bass almost made me vomit haha (figure of speech). Event's powered sub is kinda cool because of its surround sound ouputs but as for performance I would go KRK.......these guys do a damn good job ......i almost went with V8's over my 824's......almost.

Well i dont know what people think about the differences between the sky system and the 824's but i believe they are completely different systems. the reasons why i compared the 824's to just the sky monitors was; thats all that can be compared, but even that will not do cause they both were designed differently. I dont know about what other people paid for their monitors but my HR824's only cost me 1064.00. Mr Sky .......can you get me your sky system for that? If so..........give me your number, ill order a set tomorrow. The more speakers the better hehehe.

peace

:)

First of all, I agree that this is apples and oranges. Why start a new speaker company and make another "me too" system. I also agree that our system is a little more expensive than the Mackie's on their own. However, they are in the same ballpark, plus it includes the sub and that is what most people care about - bang for the buck.

With regard to adding subs to other systems. Yes, you can add a Mackie sub to the HR-824, of course the price is then well beyond that of our system. But, again, our system does not use a subwoofer as an afterthought, it is a true system, with very smooth response. This may not be the case with a ported system, or a system that uses a passive radiator, where due to phase issues at cross-over, splicing a sub and sat can be very tricky. This is one of the benefits of our design philosophy.

Having said all that, your mileage may vary, monitors are very personal to taste and if the Mackie's work for you I don't have a problem with that at all.

By the way, if as customer is interested in spending less money, we have a smaller system called ProDesk which has the same spectral performance as Sky System One, however it has less output than Sky System One.

Again, I hope I am not violation this message board's rules or offending anyone by participating in this discussion.

Not at all dude.....I appreciate your responces. And knowing that there is other systems out there is a good thing to know of for those people that like to look for alternatives. I once thought that the HR824's were simply a fad, like how the Korg Triton is. I feel dumb now saying what i once did about the 824's I think its the best thing that Mackie has put their name on so far....to bad I can't say the same for some of their mixers and other products.

By the way you'll never hear me say this about the triton hahahah.

Back