70*

MemoGtr

Así o más verger?
:)
hi everyone
yesterday i was buying some wood at home depot for a desk my dad and i are building and i saw this "boards" of fiber glass (not the pink/fluffy/pinkpanther stuff, the compressed one), they all looked exactly the same but they had different "commercial equivalents" wich were 705, 755 and 769

now, obviously they gotta be different in some way...could someone please tell me what are they? are they useful in sound absorption??

just curious :)

*memo*

they all looked exactly the same but they had different commercial equivalents" wich were 705, 755 and 769

Was the "commercial equivilants" printed on the lable? Or is Home Depot telling you they are, either verbally or via a printed sign? Was there a brand "lable"? Hmmmm, there is no Home Depot around my area, but maybe someone else can check a USA home depot to see if they sell it here now. Once we know who makes it, there should be a way to get info on it concerning its properties.

fitZ:)

I practically live at my local Home Despot, and I'm in the insulation area of the store a lot lately, but I have never seen that stuff.

A good alternative to 703/705 is the rigid fiberglass they use for A/C ducting; particularly the stuff used for the return air vents.
Its thick, dense, and even has sound absorption coeffecients available from the manufacturer.

eaaa

there was a label that said "commercial equivalent: 7**"
no one told me that

so, michael...the 705 is a good choice??
hey i know its not time for this but youve got a really nice studio and your music is just awesome (checked iuma a few days ago :) )

Yeah, the 705 is good; some would say better because it absorbs down to a lower frequency.
It depends on the application and the problem frequencies within the room being treated.

The studio's chugging along, slowly but surely. I hit a snag here last week. I was expecting delivery of about 1800 square feet of rockwool, but it hasn't come in yet.
It's not like I'm sitting on my hands with nothing to do though, I'm finishing up the wall plates, and completing the last of the inter-wall audio wiring.

I'm still looking at sheetrock by the first week of May. It'll be nice to get it all covered up, I'm sick of looking at framing.
Ever onward!

Glad you like the music!
Thanks for listening.

Michael Jones said:
Yeah, the 705 is good; some would say better because it absorbs down to a lower frequency.
It depends on the application and the problem frequencies within the room being treated.

Glad you like the music!
Thanks for listening.

a pleasure mr jones

actually im not sure of the application i would have for it...

ok maybe you can help me
my room is small but big enough to have a drum kit and some extra space. it actually sounds nice (never recorded in another room so i actually dont have a thing to compare) but what i hate is the reverb i can hear when i clap my hands (its not much but i hate to record knowing that is "there")

im clueless about materials so i dont know if 7**, rockwool (whatever it is), sheetrock or a miracle would help me get a better room

so if you or someone else have any comments id be glad to hear them

thanks

*memo*

Well, we can run the modal distribution of your room and find out what the problem frequencies are.
From there we can choose the appropriate acoustic treatment for the attentuation of those problem frequencies.

So, what are the dimensions of the room you're treating?
(Length, width, and height.)

hey

heres a crappy drawing and the measurements

1 = 3m x 3m x 2.5m

2 = the same (minus the * area which is a closet)

theres a door frame (but no door) between 1 and 2
all measurements are in meters (dont know how much a foot is :S)

memo*

Attachments

• leno2.jpg
    leno2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 69
Back